Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It moves me back a few inches, the leg room is nice but not sure how I like my arms being stretched out more and the different riding position.

The seat is heavy and the strut will only hold the seat up if i pull the seat and basically overextend the strut, and even then it will still fall down after 10 seconds. Any way to resolve this?

I now need to slam the seat closed pretty hard rather than gently pressing the OEM seat. Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

Like others say it is HARD!!!!

I'll need time to test it out and see if it is for me or not.

It gives the driver more room and the passenger less.

I now have to reconfigure the way I pack for camping trips since what I had will no longer fit on the passenger seat, or I'll have to remove the drivers backrest.

That said, it will all be worth it if I can stay in the seat for long trips, which for me is maybe a 4 hour ride to Daytona.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The seat is heavy and the strut will only hold the seat up if i pull the seat and basically overextend the strut, and even then it will still fall down after 10 seconds. Any way to resolve this?

I now need to slam the seat closed pretty hard rather than gently pressing the OEM seat. Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

Like others say it is HARD!!!!
I have had my Corbin seat for 3 months now and I am very pleased with it. If your bike in a level position the strut should hold the seat up. I have had no problem with the strut holding the seat up even with the one backrest installed.

My Corbin seat opens and closes the same as the OEM seat. It sounds like the seat latch needs to be adjusted.

There is no question that the seat is firm but in time it will mold to fit your butt and ought to be fairly comfortable. The Corbin seat with the backrest will allow you to ride in comfort for many hours, I have been in the saddle for 12 hour days with no discomfort other than a bit of butt burn on occasion. A sheet skin seat cover will most likely resolve the butt burn.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Corbin close for 650

It seems like I've seen a note somewhere about a 650 owner using a Russell Day-Long seat. If so, would they post some sort of report on the seat? I don't see a Burgman listed as 'one of their replacement' seats, however.

Thx in advance.

Dave

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
csachs1 said:
That said, it will all be worth it if I can stay in the seat for long trips, which for me is maybe a 4 hour ride to Daytona.

Better break in that seat before the Cape Canaveral trip. That's 2 weeks before Daytona. Someone said they left their bike out in the sun for 2 days, in very hot weather and the seat softened up. Maybe you can try that since we certainly have the heat :(

Janine :)

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
My long corbin shuts easier than the stock unit did. I have noticed that the strut wants to close if the tarmack that i am parked on is sloping rearward.

It is a lot more firm ("hard") than the stock seat but, imho, it is way more comfy for my hundred mile jaunts. The stock saddle would kill me after 60 miles.

You arent over extending anything.

In general, and imho, good seats are firmer.

"Plyability" has really come to the surface after these 4 thousand something miles. It's a nice seat - I just wish I had to do more commuting. Lemme see here - uh, - 28 miles a day (including lunch) times 3 or 5 days ... say about (~) 140 miles a week (not including those 50 mile twists..). Believe you me the seat IS getting nicer. :wink:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
theswede1935 wrote

It seems like I've seen a note somewhere about a 650 owner using a Russell Day-Long seat. If so, would they post some sort of report on the seat? I don't see a Burgman listed as 'one of their replacement' seats, however.
Russell will make a seat for the 400 or 650, but you have to send them your seat............. :(

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Janine:

Maybe I'll give he sun thing a try, thanks!!!!

Thanks for all the other comments as well,

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm also curious if anyone uses a special cover to keep water of the Corbin seat. Looks like it can form a big puddle and perhpas harm the leather

1 - 8 of 8 Posts