Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the fan keep running when the motor shuts down. Lately I have found a puddle of radiator fluid on the floor. The temperture gage shows 3 bars as usual while riding but goes to four after the bike is shut off for a couple of minutes. The fluid is down to the bottom line, so I will have to add fluid soon. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Sounds like you have a leak - maybe a hose fitting? I've never had coolant on my garage floor from either of my Suzukis. A couple of the V-Strom 650 guys in the other forum I monitor have recently reported coolant leaks from hose fittings though. I'd have it checked out.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Don't know if the fan turns of or not when you turn the engine off, in a car some do and some do not

the rise in temperature you see is normal , but I also would say you have a leak unless you are overheating and your puddle comes from overflow but I doubt that .
Stop in a parking lot after the bike is hot sit in one spot for a min. or two and then look, if you don't see any leak then it is an overheat problem

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
In the month that I've had my 650, the weather has been hot enough to trigger the cooling fan only twice, and while the fan would run a lot at stop lights and such, both times it shut off a few seconds after I turned off the bike. (I've had cars that would run for several minutes after turning off.)

I don't know if hotter conditions would make the fan run longer, but since it seems to be thermostatically controlled I would think it would.

I've never seen any fluids under my bike, so if you're finding your levels going down then you may have a leak, or excessive heat build-up causing excessive fluid expansion.

I'd check with your local service department if you're still under warrranty...and maybe even if you aren't, pending comments from forum members who have more time on their bikes than I.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found the leak

The radiator core cracked. Sure glad it is covered by the warranty. Dealer said that this is the first one they have saw. Hope it is just a one of a kind thing. Thanks for all your input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts