Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, I am coming up on 1800 miles and the manual indicates I need to clean both the air filter element and the fan filter. The owner's manual shows the location of the air filter but I cannot locate the other filter. As a "non-mechanical" gal, I am reluctant to go poking around looking for it when I might actually do some damage. Can one of you pros (or several of you) give me an idea where this is and how to access it? Thanks. :shock:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
By "fan" filter they mean the CVT filter, it is on the left side of the bike, under the black CVT cover. You should have a shop manual, But if your handy you can do it without. Remove the rubber foot pads on the floor boards, just pull them out. that will expose 4 screws and a few push clips, you need to remove the plastic from the bottom front to the rear it's two sections
There are also pushpins under the sides and one on the bottom of the radiator. With the plastic removed you will see air slots in the front part of the CVT cover. two screws remove the plastic and you have the filter.
I may have left out something, but you get the idea, it sounds harder then it is (after you have done it)! Hope this helps. But I would invest in a manual if you intend to work on your own bike.
Also, after you have done it a few times you will see that it can be done without any of the above. :)

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
mjustice5898

Have a look at my galler pics (follow the link in my signature) - this should give you an approach, bear in mind this is the older Burger but the principle is the same.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Norman:

As a retired educator (35 years University teaching/admin) let me congratulate you for an outstanding series of pictures and commentary.

Well done!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :salute: :salute: :salute: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Norman and Randy - helps a lot!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Ken OBSC said:
Norman:

As a retired educator (35 years University teaching/admin) let me congratulate you for an outstanding series of pictures and commentary.

Well done!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :salute: :salute: :salute: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers::cheers:
:oops: :oops:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts