Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,858 Posts
if it's empty where did it go and is the radiator full ? maybe fix the leak before adding more ? the dealerships should have tthe information and the appropriate coolant if you want to go that route and get yer wallet vacuum cleaned at the same time
do a search on here for topic Coolant change question, you will find good info there

·
Premium Member
15,166 Posts
I own a 2013 Bergman 400 and was wandering what type of coolant to add, my overflow is empty and I can’t even see what color it is.
In addition to what @Bluestrom13 posted above, I suggest you read this thread from only a few weeks ago, also in this same Burgman 400 sub-forum:

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
In addition to what @Bluestrom13 posted above, I suggest you read this thread from only a few weeks ago, also in this same Burgman 400 sub-forum:

This is the proper Suzuki OEM Coolant. Found to show product only. Not price shopping.
Bottle Liquid Blue Product Bottle cap

·
Premium Member
15,166 Posts
This is the proper Suzuki OEM Coo View attachment 99995 lant. Found to show product only. Not price shopping.
Nothing wrong with buying OEM products, certainly. FWIW, looks the same to me as the Honda premix I've been using in assorted bikes -- just because it's easier for me to get my hands on -- which I cited in my post in that other thread:

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Premium Member
18,858 Posts
I bought some of that compatible with all stuff, it said on bottle compatible with all systems, don't mix with other coolants, drain and replace etc. i'm hopin i can use bit for cleanin my visor or something

·
Registered
2012 Burgman 400
114 Posts
Mine doesn't show a level in the site glass or in the in the filler neck. Always runs in the middle of the temp gauge. Just had it completely serviced, too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
When I purchased my 2022 400, the sight glass did not show a coolant level line. Turns out that the factory had put in enough coolant that the level was actually above max level in the sight glass. To see a line, some of the coolant would have to be removed. Wondering if you could be experiencing the same thing..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Can use common automobile AF, compatible with aluminum?
Mix 50-50

• Helpful
Reactions: JRoss and Dave_J

·
Administrator
23,316 Posts
Can use common automobile AF, compatible with aluminum?
Mix 50-50
I do but I buy the 100% concentrate and mix my own distilled water in.

10 year all makes and all engine Prestone concentrated is $15.19 and a gallon of Distilled Water at my nearest Kroger is $1.10, so $16.29 for 2 gallons.

10 year all makes and all engine Prestone 50/50 Pre Mix is $11.99 per gallon. Sounds like a savings but 2 gallons are $23.98. Paying $7.69 for a lot for water.

I use this in the Wifes Buick, my Subaru Outback and Burgman 650.

·
Administrator
23,316 Posts
I haven't added coolant to anything in years! :LOL:
I would at least top off your overflow tank to the full mark. Then check it in a couple days and re-top it again.

Reactions: BurgDanno

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
I haven't added coolant to anything in years! :LOL:
Um, not a good thing maybe? The reason, coolant is generally a corrosive substance that is buffered by additives that slowly dissapate and turn the stuff corrosive. If I'm remembering right the old green was suppose to be changed every two years. Many can now go 3 to 5 years. But you'll want to change it regularly to prevent problems with corrosion. Always use the right antifreeze for that application.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts