Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '07 Executive with 10K miles on it, and I find that I cannot tell if the coolant is low by using the port behind the front wheel. The port is about 1 1/2 inches high, and the tube that should show the coolant level is occluded. The bottom half is kind of white, and the top half is dark. The coolant level can't be seen even with a powerful flashlight. I filled the tank and over filled it. No change in the coloration of the port. So, my question is does anyone know if the lack of being able to see the coolant level is a general deterioration of the plastic tube in the port. Or might I have another problem. There is no overheating or change in the general temp gauge. I appreciate any insights. Hawk

·
Premium Member
8,166 Posts
both my 400's were the same way and I decided to view that area as a good place to keep my stash uh of M&M's and such, and disregard the viewing tube, sticking my finger down the hole cautiously was the method I settled on

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Even from brand new I could never tell the level from looking at the level window,
I use my little finger if I can just touch the coolant that will do it's likely a little high
but no problems.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I can see mine just fine. Can you see the level in the tank when you have the cover off to fill it or is the entire thing opaque?

Gambit...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gambit, no, the tank is opaque so I think I'll resort to the others' suggestions of dipping a finger. I recently filled it to the top, not being able to see as it was filling. But, I just let the excess drip out the overflow tube as the temps warmed. Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
14,235 Posts
Try shining the flashlight down into the filler hole so that the tank is lighted from the inside out.

No idea why your tank has done this. I can still see the coolant level just fine on my 07 Exec. Has the coolant ever been changed?

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
A very small yellow duck could do the trick. :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,166 Posts
NormanB said:
A very small yellow duck could do the trick. :lol:
:lol: :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts