Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been dreading changing the coolant on my '08, after having read the service manual. By the method given, there's a lot of plastic which has to be removed including, the storage box (everything up front behind the front fairing), the service cover and, both lower leg shields. I finally had a look at Le Dude's write-up where he does it by that method and, things were looking dismal for a quick job especially, since my storage box now contains the extra mechanisms, hoses, wires and cables for the McCruise I just installed. Fortunately, at the end of his article he says he just did it that way since it was his first time but, acknowledged that if the radiator hose is not removed (justified in that it holds very little coolant once the system is drained through the radiator), the only thing which really has to be removed is the service panel and right lower leg shield. Suddenly, it was a much more doable job and, a short time later, COMPLETED. That was the last of my fluid changes to get done before leaving on my big trip, next week. THANKS, LE DUDE!

Reactions: BurgyBill

·
Administrator
18,743 Posts
I would do a full tilt side to side to BURP the air out once or twice. I did mine on my 08 and a week later the temps got in the 90's and I went 5 bars on the temp gauge. Radiator was full until I layed the bike over on its right side then left side and then refilled the radiator, ran it till warm, rinse and repeat..... :D. I got just a bit more air on the second tilt test.

Reactions: BurgyBill

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where is the big trip going to take you?
I'll start in Grand Junction and solo it to meet up with the others near Denver. A night, day and evening of rest before a midnight start on a SS1000 which will take us north to Cheyenne, Wyoming, east to Ottumwa, Iowa then, south to Rolla, Missouri where we finally sleep. I'll peel down to Springfield, Missouri for a night visiting family and, meeting back up we'll work down to the Tail of the Dragon, passing through Lexington, Kentucky. We'll do a couple of runs on the Dragon over two days, staying in Deals Gap. Next major stop will be the Loveless Cafe then, a ride on the Natchez Trace. From then on it will be beating it back through Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas and finally, home in Colorado with again, a few extra hours/miles for me to get back to Grand Junction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts