Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to find on the website information on how to do a complete coolant change for a 2003 Burgman 650. Could not find any pictures or info. Can anyone be of assistance ? 8)

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Suzuki wont provide you any pictures. Check the DIY section of the forum and see if something is explained there. If you are into doing this kind of work, invest in a service manual. Actually there may be a link to someone who put the service manual in a PDF file(s) but I can't remember how to get there.
Brewman

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Never done it but it ain't exactly rocket science.

There is a drain bolt midline at the bottom of the radiator, to do a full drain you will need to drop one of the lower hoses too.

The rocket science is refilling and getting rid of air which will involve rocking the bike, and refilling (with 50:50) up to the radiator inlet until all air disperses, then run engine briefly and vent again and until no air is released.

On completion run engine and get to operating temp then allow to cool ( a couple of times and then establish the correct level (Full) in the expansion tank.

BTW a service manual is a wise investment. :wink:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I have a series of pics in my gallery on doing the valve inspection. You are required to drain and remove the rad for this process. Here is a link to the rad photo. You may want to check out a few of the other photos as they may be of some assistance as well. http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/album09/650_valve_15

1 - 4 of 4 Posts