Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just had to share my experience at the local Harley-Davidson dealer yesterday (Brian's in Langhorne, for you locals). Took our girl there for her inspection. Didn't realize you could literally ride into the service area so I'd parked the bike and walked in...said I had a scooter to be inspected. Service manager was nice, explained how to ride her in. Then I did. :shock: <--their collective reaction.

"That's the scooter?!" Clearly they'd expected a wee Metropolitan or Vespa, not the muscular silver beauty I rode through the door.

"It looks like a motorcycle!" This from the service guy and some H-D riders also waiting for service jobs. Several came over to marvel at our girl as I explained she was a 400cc bike and that Suzuki made one even bigger.

"Bigger than that?!" More amazement. I watched for signs they were collectively messing with me but quickly realized they weren't. I seemed to get more respectful nods once they saw the 400 for what she is: a gorgeous motorcycle that happens to be a touring scooter. :D (Not that she has an identity crisis :wink: )

You had similar reactions?

Bryna

·
Registered
857 Posts
Had a dinner at my house tonight - just 29 or so people from work and their spouses. Mostly they were people in their 30-40's with four in their 50's or so.

Interesting reaction from four gentleman who examined my "scooter" when I asked if anyone was interested. All of them were shocked that it was a scooter, and all of them said it was absolutely beautiful. When I quoted some of the speeds and acceleration abilities, they were totally amazed. I watched the 28 year old guy closely, and he had genuine interest in it, and really wanted to take it for a ride. I had to say no though.

None of them ride, but they all said they'd like to take a ride with me sometime in the future.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
winnin' 'em over...

Sounds like you're a good PR man for our Burgies! :)

I pulled into a spot at an area restaurant today and the husband of the couple in the car next to me said, "Quite refreshing: a quiet motorcycle."

We'll win 'em over, one Burgie experience at a time. :wink:

Bryna

1 - 3 of 3 Posts