Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to convert regular mirrors to electric exec folding mirrors? They would be very useful when going on one lane rural roads at high speeds.

I assume the mounts for servo motors are already there.

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
The electric mirrors will bolt right on. The problem is the control switch. Your going to either have to replace the whole left hand switch assembly with one from the Exec or your going to have to fabricate a custom switch setup. I don't know if the necessary wiring is in the standard 650 wiring harness.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Executive glove box smaller also than standard model, not sure if because for allow more space for electric mirror motor or electric windshield motor.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Does anyone know how to convert regular mirrors to electric exec folding mirrors? They would be very useful when going on one lane rural roads at high speeds.

I assume the mounts for servo motors are already there.
The electric mirrors will bolt right on. The problem is the control switch. Your going to either have to replace the whole left hand switch assembly with one from the Exec or your going to have to fabricate a custom switch setup. I don't know if the necessary wiring is in the standard 650 wiring harness.
What Buffalo said. The mirrors come as an assembly. I've actually thought about doing it too with the used parts available off eBay.

Executive glove box smaller also than standard model, not sure if because for allow more space for electric mirror motor or electric windshield motor.
Because the Exec has the ABS unit there.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Thank you, not ever take front off, not sure what hide there.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Some years ago I looked into this for my K6. There is a guy in Japan who speaks good English who could order them as they were available as an aftermarket accessory in Japan at that time. You just had to be careful about making sure you were ordering the correct colour. I assume the switch assembly came with them. I think the name was Dr Suda - I just tried a search on BUSA for Dr Suda and got lots of hits. I am not sure if he is still active or able to order these now.

I hope this may help.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Why!
Electrical components are just something that can go bad. It's way to easy to fold them by hand.
But it is easier to just press that button. Especially handy in a state where where you can lane share like California (where the OP lives). Press the button, go in between the lanes and beat the traffic jam, when free just press the button again. That is really handy.

Doug from Kentucky (where we don't get to legally lane split).

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have them and to be honest, I'm not impressed. As far as a one lane road thing, sounds like you are just trying to pull a leg or two..

·
Registered
162 Posts
I like them, I was sitting on my Burger in a parking lot and a woman was parking her minivan beside me, as she opened the door it almost hit my mirror, she got a look of OMG and pulled her door back. I said, no worries and pushed the button to give her the room. The next look was more, is that a spaceship? it was so hard not to crack a goofy face :)
I use them often when parked to keep a lower profile for peeps walking by and bumping into them as they are low on the bike and stick out as well.

but booya to the spaceship factor!!!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I like them, I was sitting on my Burger in a parking lot and a woman was parking her minivan beside me, as she opened the door it almost hit my mirror, she got a look of OMG and pulled her door back. I said, no worries and pushed the button to give her the room. The next look was more, is that a spaceship? it was so hard not to crack a goofy face :)
I use them often when parked to keep a lower profile for peeps walking by and bumping into them as they are low on the bike and stick out as well.

but booya to the spaceship factor!!!
I also like them on my bike. Because I have three motorcycles my shop is rather crowded (can't get my wife to spring for a larger one, she says I will just fill it too). So things are pretty tight in there when I want to pull the Burgman in. It is nice to be able to pull up in front, bring the mirrors in, ride the bike into the shop. When I get the Burgman out, I push it out of the shop and extend the mirrors after I have cleared everything in the shop. Turn the bike around and take off. I guess I am just lazy but it sure is nice to not to have to hop on and off the scooter to do all that.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I too find the electric mirrors quite handy for the reasons already mentioned. I think when they are open the mirrors add about 10 inches to width of the bike.

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
The handle bars are 32 inches wide and the bike is 37 inches wide with the mirrors folded out so you gain 5 inches by folding them in.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I retract the electric mirrors on B2 at least 10-20 times a day when I filter between cars to the front of the lights. Previously on B2 it was an absolute pain having to manually whack them in and out using my hands, so 3 years ago I updated B2 to electric mirrors.

It's a simple upgrade -I purchased all the parts used from a wrecked Executive.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I retract the electric mirrors on B2 at least 10-20 times a day when I filter between cars to the front of the lights. Previously on B2 it was an absolute pain having to manually whack them in and out using my hands, so 3 years ago I updated B2 to electric mirrors.

It's a simple upgrade -I purchased all the parts used from a wrecked Executive.
Did you add any electrical wires to the harness or are they already there?

I have them and to be honest, I'm not impressed. As far as a one lane road thing, sounds like you are just trying to pull a leg or two..
I would use them more when splitting traffic, but I was thinking of the rural roads after taking a trip to the Stanislaus forest. The wind resistance is quite a bit when going 65-70mph through the rolling hills, and with only 1 lane in each direction you don't need them out all the time... pulling your leg I am not.

If anyone has or knows of a set of exec mirrors for sale let me know.

Also 1 ? for Buffalo: After how many miles do you change the oil?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts