Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Read Only
1,204 Posts
But in spite of all that (and your cooked knees) they are cool motorcycles. The CX 500/650 is one of the bikes on my short list that I always wanted to have but missed getting.

Enjoy your Silverwing...
Doug in Kentucky
I thought I wanted one too until I rode one my friend had (many years ago). It was a vibrating machine. He rode it 110,000 miles before he sold it. I also thought I wanted a Kawasaki Concours. This same friend replaced the Honda with a Concours. I rode it and I knew it was not for me before I got it out of 3rd gear. Tall, top heavy and buzzy did not do it for me.

·
Read Only
1,204 Posts
When I bought a 400 last year, it was to replace my old BMW R80RT. With my short inseam, the old airhead was tall for me. I kept my BMW R1200CLC for long trips because it was great on the interstate with cruise and had the heft that kept it from being blown around. However, after riding the 400 and occasionally riding the BMW, riding the BMW was work. On July 1, I was hit in the rear and the 400 was totaled. I replaced it with a 650. I found it was also a great road bike (except for the lack of cruise) and since I wasn't riding it, I sold the BMW R1200CLC. After 40+ years of riding motorcycles, it didn't seem right to only have a scooter. I then got on Craigs List and found a little V-Star 650 Midnight Custom with 700 miles on it. I found it to be light with a very low and narrow seat and it fit me perfectly with the $1,000 of accessories on it. You can keep it in high gear from about 30-35 MPH. I really enjoy riding it as it is a very traditional but smooth bike. The only thing modern about it is the self cancelling turn signals.

The 650 does everything better than the little V-Star and I use it for traveling and errands when I need to carry things. However, it doesn't have the personality or feel of a motorcycle and that I missed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.