Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There appears to be a dearth of online publications for cycles/scoots (on the order of Consumer Guide) to aid the consumer in negotiating the OTD cost.

Anyone know of such a publication or rule of thumb to employ when dickering a final purchase price?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
While I have do doubt there are a lot of such publications I believe you will find they don't work in the real world were a dealer has a limited number of scooters and is going to get top price because he knows (just like you) that
1 -no one has anything even close to the Burgman
2- he has what you want
3- the next Suzuki dealer is to far away for him to care about dealing

But good luck. :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
I tried to find Pirmil's recent post about a Spanish scooter magazine - it wasn't solomotor that has a comparo - I think it was something like pro-scooter - the title implies a mag restricted to scooters.

Anyway, they had a hell of a good comparo of about 5 different maxi-scooters. Burgman 650 came out on top.

Although it's in Spanish, it wouldn't be too difficult to find someone in your area (I don't know where you live, but it doesn't matter as there are Mexicans in most parts of the US) to translate it for you. Just print out a hard copy and show them. Great photographs, by the way.

Unfortunately, there is nothing in the US of the Spanish mag's quality.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts