Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm considering trading out my 07 DL650 for this burgman 400. Anything to look over when I go check this out? What would be a fair price for the burgman?

How are the vibes running the scooter at a constant 80mph? Does it feel more or less stressed than the DL at those speeds? The DL650 has been putting my right hand to sleep. I think the full coverage wind protection would be great during the cold seasons, but do your legs/body get hot during the summer due to lack of air flow?

Any reason to hold out for a 12, 13, or 14?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Check for clutch glazing, a shudder when you take off and or a slight hum/squeal from the rear end. No big deal if it does, but a negotiating point if it does ($100 off the price to get it fixed).

Price is difficult to say without condition or mileage. Probably high 3k, clean with 10k miles or so.

The 400 will run all day at 80 mph with the just the slightest vibe coming through the seat, really very smooth for a single. It will be running in the 8k range for a stock bike at that speed, which sounds high, but the engine is a very square, short-stroke affair and has no problems running at that rpm.

I don't get particularly warm in summer, but then again, I've been known to wear shorts under vented pants pants when need be.

No need to hold out for a newer model. Other than standard ABS, there's been no significant changes since 07.

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out and welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The 400 is smooth and stable at 80, except during windy days. I have more vibration at low speeds/RPM then higher speeds. It is an amazingly efficient machine for having only 1 cyl. In fact it is a smoother and quieter ride than the Honda s-wing I used to own.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Both 650 and 400 are very good engines, thou different by nature. If you need to reduce cruising rpms, Dr Pulley Sliders are the most efficient way.

You can regulate the wind flow first by using appropriate screen and wearing lighter apparel than for motorcycles. There's still a good deal of breeze to the leg area free from the engine heat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts