Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all!

I'm Roy, from Alexandria, VA. My home is about a mile north of the Mt. Vernon estate, which is a few miles south of D.C.
I'm 53, just retired from the US Environmental Protection Agency.
My height is 6', I weigh about 215 lbs, my inseam is 32 inches.

I began riding again in January 2003 on a Kawasaki Vulcan 500 and now ride a Vulcan 750. I rode for several years back in the 70's on a Honda CB350 and a Kawasaki KZ400.

I'm considering the Burgman 650, since I am interested in touring, and it looks like a very good machine for that job. I like the fact that it is a middleweight--I have no interest in a Goldwing or other large touring bike. I am somewhat concerned about the Burgman's complexity, and I don't have much info on its reliability. I'd hate to break down hundreds of miles from nowhere and be unable to get it fixed. That's a concern I have for any vehicle, but perhaps more so for motorcycles.

I welcome your personal comment on the Burgman, maintenance issues you've noticed, and how it suits you as a touring rider.

This looks like a useful and well-organized forum... It will be good to read real peoples' comments on the Burgmans, and I may well join you soon, as an owner!

--RoyR

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Roy,
Welcome to BurgmanUSA. Take some time and read many of the posts contained in this Forum. Im sure you will find many topics containing information that will persuade you towards your eventual purchasing of a Burgman Scooter.
-Bryan

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hi RoyR and welcome to the forum. As greengoose stated you will find most of your answers in already posted threads. Use the search button at the top to find the related topic.

·
Super Moderator
18,084 Posts
Welcome Roy,

As stated there is much info here on this site.

My $2 you won't be disappointed, I'm 51 6'2" and ride 2 up 95% of the time. It actually rides better with more wieght on it, and has plenty of power for the interstate. You do get spoiled with the automatic trans and there is a lot of aftermarket goodies.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts