Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on the Yahoo Boards for a year now ..and this one ..well I'm new ! But I've had my Burgman 650 for one whole riding season now. And I've owned other Touring bikes & scooters. SO..... I've noticed that (like me ) others are trading in there big bikes ...like Goldwings...ect for the Burger's. Interesting.... The makers of Motorcycles are pushing bigger CCs at us... The auto makers are increasing Horsepower... BIGGER & BIGGER. But some of us are choosing more practical stuff. Kudos to all you who are not sucked in (like the Harley guys). A 638cc motor on a bike was big enough to cross the country...and ride forever in the 70's. So it's good enough now too ...cause the last I looked North America did not get bigger. And the speed limit is still 55... or 100 for us.
When I finish adding the Givi stuff the my Burger, and its all done up the way I want it. I'll be in the whole thing for aprox..$12,000 can. I'm not counting taxes & fees... we all pay those (more on a Harley). So I'll have
Tunes...
GPS navagation.
154 liltres of storage ( Gold wing has 149 )
40 to 50 mpg
worry free automatic transmission ( like any good car)
good handling
Low center of gravity....slow speed handling
Miles of Smiles 8)
A Goldwing here in Canada costs $28,000 bucks and wieghts 1/2 a ton
Which would you prefer.....
I made my choice ...no regrets

·
Registered
80 Posts
Rob, let us know where how and where you will (or have) mount the GPS and music player.

We are going to do some extensive touring of the USA and possibly parts of Canada this spring and summer. When I bought the Gold Wing, I thought that Angel would ride 2-up with me but after she took the MS safety course she liked riding so much that whe wanted her own bike to ride on our torus. :) So in searching that was more comfortablke than the Honda Shadow 600 that she broke her teeth on, we decided on the Burgman 650 for her. After about 2500 miles we have nothing but good things to say about the Burgy. If we weren't pulling the pop-up camping trailer I might consider swithcing to a AN 650 myself.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good points. I guess it makes sense to the motorcycling companies to push larger and larger mc's at us...the price tags and profits are no doubt larger as well. It seems that we've all made the decision to buy what works for us rather than follow all the marketing hype. The Burg 650 is a comfortable, powerful, good handling and relatively compact all-purpose machine. :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mount

Bill:
I have a Magellan Meridian mounted right over the Burgman logo between the handle bars. Its the Magellian flat surface mount, and the GPS just clips in with a power cord pluged into the glovebox. Very tidy. I wish I could post photos :cry:
As for tunes I use a MP3 player in my pocket. But I'm thinking of a bike instalation of a CD/MP3 player, with speakers over top of those vents by the mirrors. Right now the Burger's under a cover for the winter, so nothings going to happen till spring.....

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hmmm I've noticed that alot of us Burger owners seem to own a GPS. I myself included own a Garmin Legend. I'm trying to figure out how to get it installed on my Burg. Have any of you other GPS owners heard of Geocaching? It's a great past time to participate in especially if you like the outdoors and hiking.
http://www.geocaching.com/

·
Registered
27 Posts
650 Manual

Bill, thanks for the info on the manual...called "Granny's"....I should have the book within 10 days....$50....but still $10 cheaper than our local dealership....and I just paid $6.50 for 4 retainer clips(plastic) that hold the side panels in place....I broke mine when installing the topbox....obviously, things can get expensive.....and no, the bike is not on the road yet....6 inches of snow tonight, and -25 wind-chill degrees tomorrow.....can Spring be far behind....probably!!! Take Care, and thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts