Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last wed night i rode to baton rouge and back just because i felt like it. :) left around 8pm and returned about 7am.

it was a relatively peaceful ride, except for the large number of trucks would be on the road at that time.

as usual, after riding for a few hours, whenever i was changing lane, i hit the lefthand brake handle thinking it was the turn signal lever in the car.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
You been driving that car too much. Please restrict all transportation to the Burgman.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just realized that i was giving an underhanded praise to the car-like comfort that burgman 650 yields. :)

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
lifegetter said:
...as usual, after riding for a few hours, whenever i was changing lane, i hit lefthand brake handle thinking it was the turn signal lever in the car.
:shock: Now that's one I hadn't heard before.

Usually it's people pulling the rear brake thinking it's the clutch, or people (like me :oops: ) trying to find the rear-brake pedal.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I don;t think you made a mistake. I think you made a creative leap. That left brake lever is already hooked up to the brake light, and lights it when it's pulled straight. How hard would it be to rig the lever to be rocked down or up a little and really trigger the turn signals? In many cars the turn signal lever is also used to switch brights on and off when pushed or pulled straight. The switch mechanics have already been invented.

Just a thought. :idea:

Dave B.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
4DThinker said:
I don;t think you made a mistake. I think you made a creative leap. That left brake lever is already hooked up to the brake light, and lights it when it's pulled straight. How hard would it be to rig the lever to be rocked down or up a little and really trigger the turn signals? In many cars the turn signal lever is also used to switch brights on and off when pushed or pulled straight. The switch mechanics have already been invented.

Just a thought. :idea:
Wow! I can see the airbag for motorcycle popping up from the handle bar now, too!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
4DThinker said:
I don't think conventional airbag technology is going to translate well on a motorcycle.
But I can already visualize myself looking like this:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
lifegetter said:
...Wow! I can see the airbag for motorcycle popping up from the handle bar now, too!
4DThinker said:
I don't think conventional airbag technology is going to translate well on a motorcycle. ...
Actually, it comes out of the housing between the left and right handlebars. Certainly not conventional.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts