Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was helping out a friend with moving their 650 around and once again I am convinced that I will never own one. :?
Being short with a problematic back the seat height and weight are a deal killer. I did take it for quick spin and was glad to get back on my 400 afterward. The acceleration was a joy but the over all bulk was too noticeable for my liking. I've never owned anything bigger than a 750 until I got this Harley project bike going but even with it being heavier it feels more balanced than the 650 did. Maybe it's the lower seat height. :roll:
I have always said Ride What You Like and Like What You Ride and I don't judge but for me I'll have to stick with the little 400 scooter that fits me and my needs to a Tee. :thumbup:
This is not meant to bash the 650's as they are good bikes that fit different people just not me. :wink:

If the 650 is ever put on a diet, lowered, and gets a narrower seat I might have to give it another look. 8)

·
Premium Member
14,227 Posts
Yes different bikes fit folks differently. I enjoy both my 400 and my 650 but for longer distance rides I will pick the 650 every time because it just fits me better and I'm more comfortable riding it for long periods. After a couple of hours on the 400 I've got to get off and walk around a while to get the kinks out of my legs.

You've got to like what you ride and ride what you like.

·
Premium Member
8,119 Posts
Glad you posted this, the shortage of 400's here had me thinking about moving to a 650, plus the cost of a new 400 vs a used 650, yeah I know I said I wouldn't buy a bike until mom was gone, and yeah I know that was only in january, but goshdangit, this aint easy being without a bike and I may have to change my mind (and a lot of other people's too)

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
It must de dreadful to be so small. :D

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NormanB said:
It must de dreadful to be so small. :D
Yes it must de..........Norman your killin me here. :lol:

PS- Are you a gynecologist? 8)

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Yeah a dyslexic one! :lol:
But no pedant. :wink:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
It's just interesting to note the relativity of these things.

On this site a 400 is considered small, by comparison 95%+ of the world's motorcycles are 125cc or below.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Scootereno said:
If the 650 is ever put on a diet, lowered, and gets a narrower seat I might have to give it another look. 8)
That pretty much describes the new Honda 700.

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
About the only bike I would consider at this time is the new Honda 700...probably the Integra version. And that only if I wrecked my 400 and had to replace it.

But the Honda 700 doesn't give me anything except what I have already...and less. I rode the SS1000 a few weeks ago on my 400. I stayed within 5 mph of the speed limit...I don't wish to earn a "performance award" on top of the IBA SS1000 certificate. The bike performed flawlessly...and didn't use any oil at all. As far as I could tell, the bike responded as if it simply did another day of the normal commute. The speed limitation was mine...not the bike's.

The 650 is much like the 400. Both are much smaller than the perception of USA motorcyclists for what is needed to simply ride on the highway. Neither has a 1000cc plus engine. But the fact is, that you don't need a car engine on two wheels to ride on the freeway.

The 400 for a solo rider is a very nice ride. It works so well for me, that I'd never consider the larger version.

Chris

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Daboo said:
The 400 for a solo rider is a very nice ride.
For a solo.

Hayabusa is also best driven solo, but at least they provided a cover for the back seat so that it won't be much temptation. But with B they did just the contrary -- c'on guys here's nice pillion seat, comfortable as it can be. But you take a passenger and the bike doesn't go

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bolzen said:
But you take a passenger and the bike doesn't go
Quite the contrary for me and my wife combined are about 250# and the little Burgie hardly knows the difference. :D
With a load carrying capacity of +/- 425# we got 175# to spare or for gear and groceries! :wink:
But put two 225#'ers on it and it will be over capacity and...yes the bike doesn't perform when it's over capacity. :roll:
Remember our scooter was designed by Asians mostly for Asians and the big pillion seat is for the whole rest of the family to ride along. :blackeye:

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Scootereno said:
Remember our scooter was designed by Asians mostly for Asians.
My thoughts exactly. :)

If i'm doing some physical exercise and staying on some diet the weight with my half is ~330 lbs. But such a physical activity is hard to maintain since i'm not 20. I have to say even this is a bit too much for the 400 for any substantial freeway traffic. Been there, tried that. Doesn't work for me.

I don't need 100hp either. But my belief is triple 500+ cc longitudinally oriented engine, like bmw K75 or similar. Otherwise it would still be a sanitary bike to me.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:D Randy Rocks! 8)
BigF### your an [email protected]#! :thumbup:

(the above has been unnecessarily censored for amusment purposes only and uncensored reads "BigFoot your an Ace" :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts