Santa Cruz mtns
Pacific Grove/Monterey Bay
Big Sur
Hotel Cheval in Paso Robles

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,424 Posts
Jeff, Daboo has a distinct advantage, He's a ugly Retired old guy. His routine is to go to Prison every week (Commuting?) . ;)

·
I'm Retired
9,377 Posts
Well, the prison doesn't have a bed for me. The last time I was there, I checked and they said they were full up. No room at the inn. So, I have to commute.

Here's the list of trips I have planned. I'll have to plan for at least one tire change in the middle. COG is the Concours Owners Group. STOC events are the ST-Owners, ie, Honda ST1100s and ST1300s.
  • April - COG ride in Death Valley
  • May - COG Bun Cooler in Idaho
  • June - B.C. Rally to venture into Northern California and central Oregon
  • June - NEWSTOC in Seven Bays, WA
  • June - National COG rally in Vancouver, WA
  • June - National STOC rally in Spearfish, SD
  • July - Siberia (not taking the motorcycle though)
  • August - WeSTOC in Utah
  • September - Ride the Ribbon in Central Oregon
That's about 14,400 miles, not counting Siberia.

Chris

·
Registered
201 Posts
[Reply to "Jeff_MdR, post: 1768522, member: 16868"]

In the French article, this paragraph stood out:
" the engine could not easily pass Euro5 with a simple Upgrade. It would take a real new complete engine, which is not on the schedule. The production of the 650 has therefore been definitively stopped and it is not expected that a new version will see the light of day."

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
In the article daboo quoted, the writer says that there’s hope that Suzuki could keep the Burgman line going in North America since the continued production and sale of the Hayabusa here sets a precedent. But what the writer of the article doesn’t grasp is that, while it’s entirely possible to keep a model of motorcycle, such as a sport bike selling here and nowhere else, the same could never be done with a scooter since the dynamics of sales for them in this part of the world is a whole different ball game. There is no way from a financial sense that Suzuki in their right minds would continue production of a scooter line just for a tiny market segment in a part of the world where they are marginalized and ignorantly laughed off by the local populace (NA), while at the same time shutting it all down and making no sacrifices to keep the ball rolling on a continent where they are so dominant and loved (Europe). I think he was a little too ’pie in the sky’ with his statement that the Burgman’s death in Europe doesn’t necessarily mean its death in North America.
Sad, no matter which way you look at it.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I could see them doing a short end-of-production run just for the US market to get one last year out of all the tooling and supply chain.
Don't think it's likely, but it's possible.

·
Super Moderator
801 Posts
Interesting article. Sad to see the news of no replacement model on the horizon for the 650. Years ago I was involved in the roll out of the first DPF equipped engines when the US went to Tier 4. Seeing the new standard there will be Euro 5 and the next step of Euro 6 a few years later, it makes me wonder if there will be any of our maxi-scooters that will be around.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I think there are enough used 650's and unsold ones at the dealers to keep this forum going for a quite a while.

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Perhaps Yamaha will see this as an opportunity to sell the TMax (particularly the Tech Max version) in the US of A!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
If I am not ABLE to keep my Burgman 650 until I stop riding then as long as I can find a scoot with frame mounted engine that is close to the CC size I have I'll be happy.

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
and how do you delete an entry??
I don't know whether you'd call this a delete, but you can click on the three vertical dots, over on the top right of your own post, and choose Edit, then blank out the text, and then click Save.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I don't know whether you'd call this a delete, but you can click on the three vertical dots, over on the top right of your own post, and choose Edit, then blank out the text, and then click Save.
tried. told me I needed a valid entry.

·
Super Moderator
801 Posts
If I am not ABLE to keep my Burgman 650 until I stop riding then as long as I can find a scoot with frame mounted engine that is close to the CC size I have I'll be happy.
I'm pretty much of the same mind. Hard as it is to admit, one day in the not soon future I will have to stop riding I'm sure. I bought my burger new in 2017 and if there are no new Burgman models that would fill the space now occupied by the current Burgman when I am looking to trade then this will be the bike that carries me to that day. There will probably always be another bike or two in the garage but the Burgman has earned it's place as a keeper. I still wish for another 100-200 cc's and a gallon of gas more but all things considered, it does exactly what I wanted it to do. Darn shame that Suzuki didn't keep the line going but that's business. It had a fifteen year run which compared to some other bikes is a good run.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Well what my plans are if there are no new Burgmans in the pipeline will be to keep my present 2014 650 for touring and trips, and then pick up either a 400 or perhaps a Honda Forza 300 for running around town and local stuff.

·
Administrator
17,424 Posts
tried. told me I needed a valid entry.
Send me a PM with a link of the comment needing deleted. If it does not change the flow of the topic I should be able to delete it. Not a practice we want to do all the time but some cases we can.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Send me a PM with a link of the comment needing deleted. If it does not change the flow of the topic I should be able to delete it. Not a practice we want to do all the time but some cases we can.
Thanks Dave. Not necessary. It's post #34 in this string. When I couldn't delete it, I just changed it to my question.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts