Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I bought a Yamaha Road Star Warrior back before the holidays. I kept both in the garage for a short time. As we started approaching the move to the new house I went and rented a storage unit. The Burgman was one of the 1st items to the storage place.

Friday I pulled it out of storage and rode it to work today. After being off the scotter for 60 or more days, I was worried that I picked up too much normal motorcycle habits and would have difficulty getting used to the Burg again. Clutch, right foot brake, shifting, etc...

Im going to use the term/phrase: "Fits like an old pair of shoes."
I turned the throttle and off I went like there was no idle time since my last ride. In fact it was WAY easier to ride since the addition of my 1700 cc crusier. Driving it was so fun and easy. I feel guilty about not ridding it for so long. The Burgman is really a fun, enjoyable piece of transportation. Of course I dont need to tell you guys that.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was slightly worried when I picked up my new 650 last Friday. Sure I'm used to riding toys like snowmobiles and quads but it had been 10 years since I sold my last motorcycle or been on a saddle. Felt like old times in a matter of minutes and I have to say the burg is very easy to ride. The combination of engine braking and cvt makes it a snap compared to a clutch, gears and mandatory use of brakes on a motorcyle almost all the time. Now all I have to really get used to is the idiot car drivers who tend to brush us off like insects!!!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Snowride wrote (snipped)
Now all I have to really get used to is the idiot car drivers who tend to brush us off like insects!!!
Don't ever let yourself get use to them----That's the day one of them will nail you :shaking2:

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Ya know Bryan - on this revisit, I have to say that....well...er....that IS a helluva confession you **** turncoat! :D

Yup - I can see alla dem flag-waving Deulie-wheel-driving construction types sneering at cha when you come to the site to check on the progress...on your, ahem, BURGMAN.

:? Yup - that's real cache....

:D

Uh, doh.......

I have to confess myself.....

I think I woulda done the same thing! :p

PS - Do I now hafta give mo muny!? :wink:
PPS - A Road Star!!!!!!????? Geesh! :twisted:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts