Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, let me try this again since I posted it in the Bubba thread.... :oops:

Okay, so I belong to a couple of groups on MSN that involve toddler stuff. However for some reason when I try to log in through IE, it won't let me. Keeps giving me that blasted DNS error. However I can log in through Firefox just fine but I don't get the extra features they have for IE since it's MSN figures they would make it for only one browser.

Anyhow, any ideas on what the problem could be? Problem with my IE or could it be my XP profile? 6 months ago I had to create a new profile because mine wouldn't let me log into https: sites.
If it's IE should I uninstall it and reinstall it?

BTW, I've run several ad-aware programs and didn't have anything so I am at a loss...

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I'd suggest trying reregistering the secure DLLs. Open a command prompt and type each of these lines followed by an Enter. Click OK when you receive the message that says DllRegisterServer in FileName succeeded.

regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 dssenh.dll
regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 sccbase.dll
regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay I did that and they all came up succeeded.
So what did I do?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Have you tried using IE on the HTTPS sites yet?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep, it works fine. just having trouble with getting to my MSN groups. Windows is updating now so maybe that will do something for it. I use Firefoz 65% of the time but have to use IE on MSN and Delphi.

I'll see in a minute once I reboot to see if I can get to them.

edit--well I can get in to them now. Don't know what the deal was. Been messed up for 2 days. Wonder how long before it does it again.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Some spyware registers it's own files in place of the secure DLLs IE is supposed to use. By following the steps above, you re-registered the correct DLLs that IE needs for secure sites.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay. I know one of them took a while to give me the okay button.
that's what I get for going to those work from home sites.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts