Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The owner's manual for my 2013 400 lists the compression ratio as 10.6:1 - back of manual under "SPECIFICATIONS".

The Suzuki website lists the compression ratio as 12.5:1.

Which one is correct? Seeing how the it only requires 87 octane I would suspect the 10.6:1 as 12.5:1 seems high for regular gas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
lloyd123 said:
The owner's manual for my 2013 400 lists the compression ratio as 10.6:1 - back of manual under "SPECIFICATIONS".

The Suzuki website lists the compression ratio as 12.5:1.

Which one is correct? Seeing how the it only requires 87 octane I would suspect the 10.6:1 as 12.5:1 seems high for regular gas.
I have used nothing BUT regular 87 octane gas - cause that is what the owner's manual states.......!!!!!!! Forget what that comp. ratio is...... and just ride it.....!!!!!!! :thumbup:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,136 Posts
it's 1 out of 4
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies - of sorts - but all I really wanted to know is what the actual compression ratio is on my 2013.

I don't plan to use anything but 87 octane no matter what the answer is - maybe I wasn't clear on that - but this is more out of curiosity. I find it kind of odd that Suzuki would have different numbers on something so basic.

I've searched older posts and, while this question has come up before, there doesn't seem to be a difinitive answer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,177 Posts
My UK 2010 is supposed to be 11. something but it is different in other markets,
they probably use head gaskets of slightly differing thickness.
Just had a look through the specs and for 2008 and 2009 the last years I have them for
they say between 10.6 to 11.4 to 1 for some markets and between 10. to 10.8 to 1 for others so the answer
is probably even Suzuki don't know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ralph M said:
My UK 2010 is supposed to be 11. something but it is different in other markets,
they probably use head gaskets of slightly differing thickness.
Just had a look through the specs and for 2008 and 2009 the last years I have them for
they say between 10.6 to 11.4 to 1 for some markets and between 10. to 10.8 to 1 for others so the answer
is probably even Suzuki don't know.
Thanks Ralph - I think you're right - I'll just call it a variable compression ratio and leave it at that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm back - but with some evidence about the multiple listings for the 400's compression ratio - at least in 2007. I found this in the Service Manual for the AN400K7. If someone has access to a more recent Service Manual then it might show what markets get what version for the newer bikes.

In 2007 the US and Canada got the 10.6 compression ratio while the rest of the world got 11.2.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,832 Posts
1. It's amazing what info people can find :)
2. I think it's interesting that Israel has a special model. And UK vs. EU.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mike1nw said:
I think it's interesting that Israel has a special model.
Could be the Kosher version :lol:

I would think the power output would be different with different compression ratios. While Suzuki lists different compression ratios for different markets it lists the HP and torque the same.

EDIT - I take it back about HP and torque being listed the same. I thought it was listed in the specs but it isn't so maybe markets with more compression ratio do have higher output.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
826 Posts
Maybe that's 'Kosher for Passing-Over' others. :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
lloyd123 said:
mike1nw said:
I think it's interesting that Israel has a special model.
Could be the Kosher version :lol:

I would think the power output would be different with different compression ratios. While Suzuki lists different compression ratios for different markets it lists the HP and torque the same.

EDIT - I take it back about HP and torque being listed the same. I thought it was listed in the specs but it isn't so maybe markets with more compression ratio do have higher output.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..!!!!!!!! "Kosher version" could be considered an anti-semetic remark..........?????????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
v8eyedoc said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..!!!!!!!! "Kosher version" could be considered an anti-semetic remark..........?????????
Not my intent - I think you're reading a lot more into my post than there is. I don't see how using the word "kosher" with regards to something from Israel can be construed as derogatory but if someone is offended then my sincere apologies.

I'm reluctant to reply to your comment as the internet can be a minefield but please - lighten up.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top