Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who have have followed some of my posts may recall that just before my Canada to Mexico ride I took my AN650 in for its 4000 mile service, and was charged over $450 for it.

The service tech said I needed a valve job (which the 650 doesn't need) and even though I corrected him at the time, they still charged me for 5.5 hours of service; exactly what the computer said based on data from Suzuki.

Today I finally found the time to go talk to the service manager at my dealer, and showed him the service manual listing for required service, compared what was done at the 4k service with my 600 mile service (only a few added items), and asked him to justify the price difference. When he couldn't he pulled out all his books and manuals, grabbed a calculator, and went to work. 15 minutes later I had a check for $122.00 in my hand, and he is putting a bulletin out to all his employees to double check the shop rates listings.

That refund was for 1.5 hours over charge at $68.00 per hour, plus a supplies refund and refund on taxes on the over charges.

$300+ is still a lot of money for service, and those who can and are willing to do it themselves are well rewarded for their time, but I am happy to know that at least my dealer is willing to acknowledge their mistakes and make good on them.

I urge everyone who gets dealer service to pay close attention to what you are charged, because most dealers are like mine and charge by listed "standard times," not actual time spent; and if the information from Suzuki isn't corrected you'll all be paying too much as I did.

I'll be sending a letter to Suzuki USA on Monday.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Well done Brian :thumbright: - I suspect while the refund is welcome it is only surpassed by that sense of satisfaction to be gained from the successful pursuit and outcome of your very legimate pursuit!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NormanB said:
Well done Brian :thumbright: - I suspect while the refund is welcome it is only surpassed by that sense of satisfaction to be gained from the successful pursuit and outcome of your very legimate pursuit!
Too true. Too true.

Nobody plays "righteous indignation" better than I, and my "martyr" can be pretty good too. :D

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just bumping this thead, because I saw a related post on another thread today.

Have a great day, everyone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts