Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Maybe. But (being a BMW) it will cost a lot more, and will probably be more expensive to maintain as well. It could also include complex solutions to issues few people have. Just glancing through the current BMW motorcycle line up, electric power brakes, and an electrically deployed centerstand, are possibilities.

The more competition, the better. Choices are good. And Suzuki (Honda, Aprilia, etc) would more than likely feel motivated to respond to the challenge. :wink:

·
Registered
373 Posts
1000cc Scooter yes please! :lol:
I would be at the front of the queue!

Andy

·
Registered
409 Posts
Why do we have to believe that bigger is better. The 650 Burgman is clearly far more than adequate. I'm content.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Honda could win this mega-scooter war if they were to give the Gold Wing an automatic transmission as was planned for the 2000 model but too many negative comments came from the then present Gold Wing owners. 8)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Edwljoseph said:
Why do we have to believe that bigger is better. The 650 Burgman is clearly far more than adequate. I'm content.
Personaly, I think the Burger could use another 200cc, with the CVT re-programmed for a less lurchy ride. Its current setup is very snatchy at low engine loading and partial throttle openings. The extra 200cc would allow for a more relaxed midrange experience.

They proably do this to ensure that the bike never stalls at low revs , slow speeds and light loads. There is no clutch to feather.

my 2cents.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I would like some more oomph at the top end. I've been riding the V-Strom 1000cc the past couple of days, and I can confidently pull off passes with it that would be risky with the Burgman. The 650 simply runs out of steam in the mid 90 mph range. The V-Strom accelerates very strongly right up to 135 mph, where it is electronically shut down.

I wouldn't mind if the Burgman was electronically limited to 110 or 115 mph, but I would like it to pull strongly right up to that point.

This is an issue here in the midwest, where you have high speed 2 lanes - and cattle trucks that like to run at 65 - 70 mph on these roads. Following a cattle truck is, at best, a stinky experience. And I don't like following trucks in general, because they obstruct my view. Add a car or two following the big truck, or two trucks in a row, and you've got to have more top end performance than the 650 has, to comfortably pass before the next hill or curve.

I honestly think that Suzuki could get that kind of performance out of the existing 650 engine. It is not in a very aggressive state of tune. It's quick in the low & mid range, due to the cvt and decent torque, but it dies out badly before 100 mph due to limited high rpm horsepower. As you add bigger windscreens (more wind drag), and carry more weight, it gets worse.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hello,
any informations, with one picture (??) about BMW maxi scooter (in spanish)-
follow ->
http://ballet_sarl.tripod.com/index.htm
download "soloscooter" PDF. -> FOLIO 2

see you
pirmil... afflicted for the quality of my pdf reproductions :( ...

·
Registered
794 Posts
Thank you Pirmil

Merci beaucoup, Pirmil. Nous sommes chanceux pour avoir un euro corespondent si actif dans le respect de ce forum.

Apologies; my French is not what it used to be. The above is courtesy of the Google translator.

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thank you for the compliments.
Like one says in France, you make me redden :oops: .
If you need information made in Europe, do not hesitate!
Pirmil
Also sorry, for my curious English. Once upon a time, (it's very a long time) at the school... Thank http://babelfish.altavista.com/

·
Registered
220 Posts
Pirmil: I read the first 13 pages of Solo Scooter. What a wonderful magazine, and just for scooters!

Thank you so much for posting the site so everyone can see the great array of 250cc scooters available in Europe (but not here, yet. However, if our fuel prices continue to climb, things might change).

I was also impressed by the fine photographs.

As for the photo of the BMW, it sure looks like a real photograph.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Is it just me or is that BMW scooter ugly? If that is what it really looks like I am not impressed.

·
Registered
220 Posts
It has been oft said that beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. I find some of the newer BMW's really ugly. But not all. Today I saw a yellow '98 R1200S (hope I got that right). I thought it good looking. However, he was with a buddy who had a BMW that I mistook for a Gold Wing. Looked like wretched excess.

I would have to see the BMW maxi-scooter in the flesh. Anyway, the more the merrier on the maxiscooter scene, especially in the US.

·
Registered
428 Posts
BMW already makes a scooter. I saw one in Paris or Amsterdam (can't remember) a couple of month ago. Funny looking thing with canopy over the top of it.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
That BMW C1 scooter has been around in Europe for a few years. It is a scooter designed to be ridden without a helmet. The "canopy" doubles as a roll bar, the rider is strapped into the seat with two seat belts, and the front is designed with a "crumple zone", like many cars. I'm not ready for that yet...

Scooter Rider Magazine had a picture of one in the current issue, saying that several of them had been sighted in the USA recently.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts