Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2007 883 Sportster. I still have my 2008 AN400 :) Both are fuel injected
H.D. 10,000 miles
AN400 45,000 miles does not burn a drop of oil!

Burgman: rides like a Cadillac, effortless steering and handling, feels soooo light, no wind buffeting (with added Givi screen), uses cheapo gas, about 64 MPG for the past 8 years, don't forget that huge storage space, am spoiled by the automatic transmission

Sportster: Stiff ride, but not bad, steers and shifts like a dump truck, an upper body work out to get it around turns, but has the feel of the wind, uses premium, about 55-60 MPG, HOLY CRAP the torque, Wheeee taking it through the gears :) Ear plugs mandatory, with V & H exhausts

Each has good points. I will probably use H.D. a "fun" bike. Burgie for trips.

Ride on, people

Reactions: JRoss

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sportster? Nah, wouldn't do that to myself. Specially when used Kawi and Suki mid size cruisers give the same experience at one third the price. V&H makes annoyingly loud exhausts for them too. Alternatively you could replace the 400's muffler with a cherry bomb from Jack&Harry and take off the windshield. Don't forget the tiny helmet with the skulls on it. Happy Motoring. (Typing with tongue in cheek)

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
Comparing a Toyota to a Buck-Board....I’ll keep the Buck-Board for picking up the mother-in-law at the train station.

I forgot to mention my dog and my pick-up-truck .....:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts