Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, :oops:
I know lotsa of the burgman riders all use to ride or still rides bike tourig bike...
But compare with the Goldwing 1500,wat are the perks wit the Burgman to it? :mrgreen: also the bad too... 8)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Uhm..... You can't - compare it, that is. Its not an apples to oranges comparison! One's a 650cc maxi scooter and the other is the SUV of motorcycles.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Uhm..... You can't - compare it, that is. Its not an apples to oranges comparison! One's a 650cc maxi scooter and the other is the SUV of motorcycles.

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I have not owned a 1500, but I had a GL1800. The 650's smaller size makes it much easlier to deal with when walking it or riding it on curvey two lanes. However, its smaller size does not translate into less stability due to cross winds on the highways. It is almost as comfortable as the GL1800. You lose some accessory features, but I think gains out way the loses. You can add the GW accessories to the 650 with little creativity.

·
Registered
80 Posts
What Herfnerd said.!

As you can gleem from our signature, we have both (an Gl1800 instead of a 1500). One cost $18,000 and the other $8,000. Both have plenty of power but I wouldn't think of trying to pull a loaded 600 lb motorcycle camping trailer with a Burgy.

They are both great for touring -- that is what we are going to do this summer from Florida to California to Oregon and back to Florida.

Both are very comfortable. Both will cruise all day long at whatever speed you choose. Both have a lot of storage (but storage is like money, you never have enough LOL :lol:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx guys for the info..currently i have the GL1500,considering the plus and minus of owning the Burg.Is it would the letting go??That's all. :oops:
Coz my aim is to have it for long rides,if its not suitable then i'll stick with the Wing. :roll:

·
Registered
308 Posts
rein_jahat14 said:
Thanx guys for the info..currently i have the GL1500,considering the plus and minus of owning the Burg.Is it would the letting go??That's all. :oops:
Coz my aim is to have it for long rides,if its not suitable then i'll stick with the Wing. :roll:
Long riding on the Burgman 650 is just fine -- just do it! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts