Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a computer/palm pilot sort of techno geek, I can't help wondering about the impact of Bluetooth technology on our favorite sport.

I have seen pictures of riders wearing small headsets/mikes to communicate with each each (a la Goldwing), but I assume this is all wired.

Think how much easier it will be with no wires. 8)

Does anyone have any info on what's available bluetooth wise, for communicating with the rear passenger and/or listening to music without plugging in wires all over the Burg?

Collectively we have a very large brain here.
Let's get creative! :wink:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Communication

There are already a few bluetooth systems available. Try a Google-search typing: bluetooth helmet headset.
I use the StarCom1 intercom and I am very happy with it. Voice and music quality (with either a portable radio or a mp3 hard-diskplayer is excellent. Yes, there are still those cords but on the other hand no headset-batteries to recharge after a few hours!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi,
I was thinking about too. I saw a Momo helmet with a bluetooth head set (Motorola).

They said that it will also be sold as a separate system. Hope the price would be reasonable, becacuse I hate those cables around me.

Cheers

Slepejs

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Momo and bluetooth

Slepejs said:
Hi,
I was thinking about too. I saw a Momo helmet with a bluetooth head set (Motorola).

They said that it will also be sold as a separate system. Hope the price would be reasonable, becacuse I hate those cables around me.

Cheers

Slepejs
Here is the link.
http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/342/C3199/

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Communications

I think you would be better off with a CB run through a Kennedy
interface. Plug in a radio and you would have intercom, cb and music.
The Cobra CB that's built into the hand set is popular.

The reason for the CB is that so many gold wings and trucks are using
them all ready. I like FRS, but its not widely used. You would be
on your own with Bluetooth.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
428 Posts
I understand blue balls, and a sweet tooth, but I'm unclear about this blue tooth business.

Plus, some of us ride so we don't have to communicate, no?

Peace.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Plus, some of us ride so we don't have to communicate, no?

Good point!
Although I would like to be able to communicate with my wife when she is on the back, I don't think I really want the umbilical cord to stretch any further than that.
I guess it would all come with an "OFF" switch wouldn't it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts