Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Scooter guru at my dealer had a few minutes to ruminate:

"....the Silverwing is very un-hondalike; when you pull of all the bits, it seems cheap and poorly laid out. The Burgman really is put together much better and seems better designed...more solid in actual riding."

hmmmmm....

·
Registered
925 Posts
I agree. The silverwing just seemed "cheaply built" to me. But I guess next to a Burgman, most everything is!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
that was my impression, too

My dealer had the Silverwing and the Burgman parked side-by-side on his showroom floor. After he showed me the main features, he told me that they were the same price - take my pick. I picked over every little thing for almost an hour and finally decided the Burgman was just better in every way. On th Silverwing, everything seemed cheap and flimsy. On the Burgman, only the doors for the 2 small compartments seemed cheap and flimsy.

I sometimes wonder who bought the Silverwing...if they paid the same price as the Burgy, they were either duped or huge Honda fans - or maybe since I bought the Burgman, they didn't have anything to compare to. :p

·
Registered
270 Posts
silverwing vs. burgman

Last year when i first got back into scootering. I was thinking about another Helix or Reflex. So i went seaching on the web for one. And i decided to see what Suzkui had to offer. When i got a look at the 400 Burgman vs, Reflex. There was no choice to made. Suzkui made it for me. Are you kiding 150 more cc. more power more storage more everything for the some money. So to make a long story short. This year i went out to buy a 650 or the silverwing. Again Suzkui made the choice for me. 50 more cc. more power, more storage, more everything.
I can say only one good thing about the Hondas, at least around here. That their dealerships in this local area, are great for sales and service. That goes a long way for me. My son bought a Relfex last year. He was under sixteen years of age. And in Arkansas you can't ride a bike more than 250cc till your sixteen. I can tell you that the dealer has flat taken good care of him & that relex.
If i were to buy a Honda. The reason would be the dealers in this area Are great. But as far as scoots go there is no comparing the two. Suzkui has won hands down.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I hear what you say but.........

I am a contented 400 owner and I think the quality of frame preservation is really rather poor - once you get his machine naked it looks really rather shoddy at most frame weld areas, where poor preparation prior to painting has resulted in the onset of corrosion ...........mind you its mighty damp this side of the pond. But I do not imagine that this same production shortfall is not in evidence on the 650.

NormanB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts