Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides getting a screaming deal on a BV200, I couldn't justify a 400cc bike. Too bad, because, as a short rider (5-2, 27-ish inseam), I fell in love with the 400 saddle; and I'm doing some serious tip-toeing on the BV. Will soon investigate a modification for the BV saddle, which will consist of 1/2" off the top and diminishing the pitch of the sides (need closer to 90 degrees, in the hope that I'll get at least the ball of my foot down on one side).

The weight of the bike is another issue altogether. It weighs 245 pounds more than I do, although its weight is distributed more evenly than the Vespa GT (which is 30 pounds lighter than the BV).

But she's a blast to ride! Still, I think I'll keep my Aprilia Scarabeo (50cc with 70cc kit) -- gotta be able to control something to take that MSF test next month....

Any feedback from shorter women riders as to how they've acclimated to a taller saddle, or recommendations on saddle modifications in the Colorado area will definitely be appreciated!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
taniwaki said:
Still, I think I'll keep my Aprilia Scarabeo (50cc with 70cc kit) -- gotta be able to control something to take that MSF test next month....
Unless it's different in your state, the MSF Beginner Rider Course requires that you ride the motorcycles they provide,

·
Registered
13 Posts
billmeek said:
taniwaki said:
Still, I think I'll keep my Aprilia Scarabeo (50cc with 70cc kit) -- gotta be able to control something to take that MSF test next month....
Unless it's different in your state, the MSF Beginner Rider Course requires that you ride the motorcycles they provide,

MSF allows the use of rider-provided cycles and scooters, provided they meet certain size, weight, and displacement criteria. Whether they can or cannot be used at a specific location is up to the discretion of the local school sponsor. I would suggest checking with the school and verifying what their policy is.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Thanks for the info Ron. I was going by my experience when I took the MSF Basic Rider Course this summer. I was informed I could not use the Burgman in the basic course, but it was allowed in the advanced since you ride your own bike in the advanced.

·
Registered
13 Posts
billmeek said:
Thanks for the info Ron. I was going by my experience when I took the MSF Basic Rider Course this summer. I was informed I could not use the Burgman in the basic course, but it was allowed in the advanced since you ride your own bike in the advanced.
Bill..

That is the case at many schools. They know very little about scooters, so are reluctant to allow their use, although permitted by MSF.

That is likely to change with the introduction of the new MSF ScooterSchool, if they wish to stay competitive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts