Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all the blue Burgman 400's ('03, '04, '05) the same shade of blue? I noticed some pix of two-tone blue and silver. Would that have been by special order, a paint job, or a panel swap?
Thanks again.
LM

·
Registered
231 Posts
I can answer the first part of your question. No the shades of blue are not the same. As far as the second question you had I would say it was either a paint job or a panel swap (for some reason I am thinking panel swap in this case). I doubt very seriously you can speacial order it that way.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brightest shade of blue

Can someone please tell me which is the year that has the brightest shade of blue? It looks something like royal blue.
Thanks.
LM

·
Registered
611 Posts
The vespa shop charges an extra $1,000 for a two toned bike, but we bought the parts for my wife's ET2 in a second color and did it for about $250. Before painting anything - I'd buy spare panels in the other color. I wonder if I could get some of the white panels to two-tone my blue 650 with?

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
edtech2000 said:
Are all the blue Burgman 400's ('03, '04, '05) the same shade of blue? I noticed some pix of two-tone blue and silver. Would that have been by special order, a paint job, or a panel swap?
Thanks again.
LM
There was a blue and silver 400 at Scootercade, it was a custon blue paint job with silver trim. The blue was lighter than the stock Suzuki blues.

Brightest blue, '03, then the '05, then the '04.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I photoshopped a couple of pictures to see what the Burgman 650 would look like swapping panels between a silver and a blue. It doesn't look near as nice as my wife's ET2. The problem is that the panels don't really split where you would wantthe color changes. I swapped the front fender, mirrors, lower cowling, and handrails.

I guess using reflective tape for accent like on my Zuma, is still on my list for possible changes... :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts