Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent a few hours procrastinating by reverse-engineering an AN650K7 wiring diagram.

First I used AIDE PDF-to-DXF converter http://www.aidecad.com/pdf-to-dxf-converter.html
Then I opened the DXF-file in AutoCad and was pleasantly surprised that the wires were drawn as polylines and generally reached from component to connector, making the task of grouping them and assigning them to different layers a joy.

I made a ton of layers, allowing me to hide and display the various circuits. You can use Braviaviewer http://www.bravaviewer.com/thank-you-do ... dwg-viewer

It's work in progress, I started with the main circuits and left the CVT-stuff for later.

[attachment=1:ayr6qixu]Eldiagram K7_dwg.jpg[/attachment
[attachment=0]2Eldiagram K7_dwg.jpg[/attachment:ayr6qixu]

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,331 Posts
Hey Erik, if I take too many of my meds, I see them in color too. :D

Excellent work.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm open for suggestions as to where I can upload the DWG-file for sharing?

Meanwhile, I've found an utility that can draw alternating color lines in AutoCad, so a green wire with a red stripe can be represented by a line with long green dashes interrupted by shorter red dashes.

What I like about the Suzuki wiring diagram is that it's all on one page. where the trend in wiring diagrams is one or two components per page, and you scroll endlessly back and forth.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
ErikDK said:
I've found an utility that can draw alternating color lines in AutoCad, so a green wire with a red stripe can be represented by a line with long green dashes interrupted by shorter red dashes.quote]

Please tell us the name of this utility. :?:

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who would have thought that the trunk light gets power through fuse #3 "FUEL" ?

According to the wiring diagram, there's an unused option plug drawn near the trunk light, also fed constant supply from fuse #3 "FUEL", which could be useful for a small GPS- or cell phone charger in the trunk.
[attachment=0:2nonq6bg]Option plug.JPG[/attachment:2nonq6bg]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
That could make you nuts if something the the trunk lamp circuit shorted and blew the fuse.

My wife's Toyota Highlander has one of those "gotchas". The brake lamp wiring on a small trailer we have shorted, and blew the brake light fuse. That fuse also powers the shift lock solenoid that prevents shifting out of Park, leaving here stranded at Home depot a few miles away. I rode to the rescue however it took me 30 minutes to figure out WTF was going on. Toyota later told me it was a "feature" to prevent driving the vehicle without brake lights--could have been mentioned in the owners manual perhaps?

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
ErikDK said:
I spent a few hours procrastinating by reverse-engineering an AN650K7 wiring diagram.

First I used AIDE PDF-to-DXF converter http://www.aidecad.com/pdf-to-dxf-converter.html
Then I opened the DXF-file in AutoCad and was pleasantly surprised that the wires were drawn as polylines and generally reached from component to connector, making the task of grouping them and assigning them to different layers a joy.

I made a ton of layers, allowing me to hide and display the various circuits. You can use Braviaviewer http://www.bravaviewer.com/thank-you-do ... dwg-viewer

It's work in progress, I started with the main circuits and left the CVT-stuff for later.
Nice work, much easier to follow than a bunch of the same color lines (especially with a astigmatism).

ErikDK said:
What I like about the Suzuki wiring diagram is that it's all on one page. where the trend in wiring diagrams is one or two components per page, and you scroll endlessly back and forth.
Funny that's the thing I hate about it. I prefer having each circuit separate.

ErikDK said:
Who would have thought that the trunk light gets power through fuse #3 "FUEL" ?

According to the wiring diagram, there's an unused option plug drawn near the trunk light, also fed constant supply from fuse #3 "FUEL", which could be useful for a small GPS- or cell phone charger in the trunk.
I found one of those listed on the wiring diagram for the power outlet but couldn't find it on the harness on the bike, not sure they all exist.

cliffyk said:
That could make you nuts if something the the trunk lamp circuit shorted and blew the fuse.

My wife's Toyota Highlander has one of those "gotchas". The brake lamp wiring on a small trailer we have shorted, and blew the brake light fuse. That fuse also powers the shift lock solenoid that prevents shifting out of Park, leaving here stranded at Home depot a few miles away. I rode to the rescue however it took me 30 minutes to figure out WTF was going on. Toyota later told me it was a "feature" to prevent driving the vehicle without brake lights--could have been mentioned in the owners manual perhaps?
Typically asian cars have a small access cover near the shifter that can be removed and something like a pen inserted to shift the lever out of park.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm now working on an European spec (E-19) K6 non-exec wiring diagram, from a Spanish workshop manual, because the K7 diagrams I have are not for Europe, and therefore without immobilizer and front position lights, but with PAIR, which we luckily don't have.

The Spanish diagram was much better to work with, for although all the text is Spanish, it converts to ACAD text, whereas the English text was just lines and curves.

Now where do you suggest i upload them for sharing?

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
There is a cloud utility called Dropbox. Google it. There is a public folder in which you can put a file, and create a link to it which can be pasted onto the forum, or emails.

As an example click on this link
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/89523430/Nice_Bin%21.JPG

Also it is free.

Cheers,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is the item marked "Power Source" the cigarette lighter (power point) located inside the glove box? This is the only electrical issue I have with my K3.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
ErikDK said:
OK, here we go. K7 Non-exec wiring diagram converted to AutoCad .DWG-format with circuits divided on individual layers for easy identification.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0c4do3gizmnf ... m%20K7.dwg

Work in progress, feel free to improve it.
Thanks for all your work. To open your circuit all I need now is Autocad which costs about a squillion £'s over here. Is there another (easy!) way of converting it into something other than autocad? Does anyone on this excellent Forum know? :?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Redbeard said:
Thank you for the info but it gives me 4 options: (1) 'DWF Mobile Viewer',(2) 'DWG Mobile Viewer', (3) 'DWF Desktop Viewer' (4) 'DWG Desktop Viewer' Please tell me which one to download and oblige. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
In my opening post I linked to a free DWG-viewer that lets you turn individual layers on and off.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts