Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or make that lack of. So what was wrong with the red & blue colors.?
Suzuki you have nice looking colors on your other bikes. How come for the Burgmans we only get black,gray,white & silver. :sad2:

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
Nothing wrong with the red and blue that I can see. That's why I own one of each. Also part of the reason I haven't been tempted to buy a new one.

·
Registered
643 Posts
When I bought mine I wanted a 2007 in red, at the time I was ready to buy I couldn't find one to save my life. The day after I bought my gray a red 2007 came up for sale with all the desired farkles.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthewdepaula/2012/12/21/top-10-most-popular-car-colors/

I think its simply that white, grey, silver and black are the most popular for, ehem, a mature demographic. The kids bikes, sporties and such, get all the colors and graphics. The adult bikes get the more mundane hues.

And unlike cars that are offered in multiple colors, the burgs are only offered in one. So if Suzuki has to choose, its gonna be one that will maximize sales.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I wonder why Suzuki went from offering two colors to only one? There are some colors people don't like and there should be an alternative, even if it is not the best color. I would never buy a scooter that has a flat paint that looks like dark gray primer. I would buy a used one in a better color or not buy at all. I would buy a 2013 650 over a 2014 simply because of the color.

My 650 is white but I think the red ones are the most attractive. I give my wife the choice of color on vehicles and she always picks red (and she looks her best in red). We currently have a red car, a silver truck and a black woody PT Cruiser. My bikes are a white 650 and a black V-Star midnight custom.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One of the reasons I went 1000 miles to buy my F-350 besides the $$ I saved was for the color. In So. Cal only could find the F350 I was looking for in white, black,gray or silver. Went to Boise Idaho & found a metallic green one. Get complements on it all the time. I think like Suzuki white black,silver & gray is the most popular as those are our only choice. :(

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
The red 07 650 looked so pretty.:love4: I wanted one badly also, but could not complain on the price I paid for my metallic Grey 06. I have at times thought of stripping it down and repainting it Metallic red but alas each time something else comes up that needs the money more. :confused: Maybe someday.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I say they should use lime green and fluorescent orange on the Burgmans! Well maybe not that extreme but colors like the red and blue they used on the 2005-2006 type S 400s. To me dark red or dark blue are just as dull as dark gray, although they are a bit better than silver or white but not much. Although I don't care for Harleys at least they have a nice selection of colors and most are attractive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts