Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get insurance quote on a 04 650 I am getting this week. Progressive seems to have the best rates but collision insurnace nearly triples the yearly rate ($111/yr with liability and comp and $315 w/collision w/$250 deductible added). I want the best coverage for the money. I am curious to know who has collision coverage and how much you are paying?

Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have Progressive as well with 300CSL and collision with the $250 deductible across...

A little over $300 per year, so you're spot on...

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have Progressive insurance with a $500 deductible and pay $203 a year. I also have Comp with $100 deductible. If this helps.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Progessive rates

Progressive's rates seem in general better for motorcycles/scooters than other companies. Perhaps they specialize in these vehicles.

I had a $98 per year policy with them for an 04 Yamaha Vino 125, as follows:

Bodily Injury Liability.............$15K each person/$30k each accident
Property Damage Liability......$10K each accident
Custom parts and equip.........$1000 or actual cash value

Today I called them, canceled the Yamaha and added the Burgman.
The cusomer rep. said, "Got it, you are insured for the rest of the policy term (Feb 05) at the same rate, only we owe you two dollars."

When I recovered I said, well, then, how much for collision with $500 deductible. She said, "I'll add it. Let's see, OK, now instead of us owing you two dollars now you owe us two, 'cause it increased your premium by four dollars."

Then she said, wait a minute, talked to someone and said, forget the two dollars you owe us, it would cost more than that to send you a bill. I said you can bill it to my credit card if you want. I'll give you the numbers right now. Nah, she said, we'll just add it to your next premium bill when it comes due.

Do I love Progessive? Need you ask.

·
Registered
394 Posts
beanpole said:
Trying to get insurance quote on a 04 650 I am getting this week. Progressive seems to have the best rates but collision insurnace nearly triples the yearly rate ($111/yr with liability and comp and $315 w/collision w/$250 deductible added). I want the best coverage for the money. I am curious to know who has collision coverage and how much you are paying?
I have Progressive on my AN650 and the premium is $130 total. That includes collision with a $100 deductible. I do own a home in a safe neighborhood, have a perfect driving record, have a great credit history, and have taken the MSF riding course. All of these are factors in the insurance price.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I've said it before (and I still can't believe it).

Progressive: Both bikes (garaged - that's all they asked), two rider/owners (my wife and I), full-coverage, $161/yr. I think I'll keep it. 8)

·
Registered
92 Posts
AN650 Insurance

Boy, do you guy in the states get off lightly. I had to hold off ordering my new (and first ever) bike an AN650 because it took me over a month to find someone to insure me and you can't licence a bike in Canada without insurance. :cry:

After my own broker offered me insurance for $2323.00 :shock: or 150% of what I pay for a car that is six times heavier and more than three times more expensive, was a broker - Rider Plus - that specializes in motorcycle insurance. They offered me insurance for $1044.00 including a fifteen percent discount because I joined a club with which they have a discount arrangement. Club costs $30.00 to join and saved me more than $150.00 on the insurance, a pretty good investment. :eek:

I ordered the bike/scooter the next day to be delivered the day after I complete my riding course in mid May. I thought getting some practise with an expert would save possible damage to my new bike and my old hide. :wink:

There have been several articles in Canadian biker magazines about the insurance industry in Ontario try to kill off the motorcycle business with high (say rediculous) insurance rates. :roll:

Richard
New 60 year old rider

1 - 8 of 8 Posts