Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Cold weather headware

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  DandyDoug 
#1 ·
I was at Iron Pony today in Columbus, OH. As I was looking for a head covering, I found one I wanted to share. Usually I bought a Schampa, but today I saw the HEDZ version. The nice part is that it is Made in the USA.

I really wanted to bet the new 3pack, but I supported something better instead. I wear them under my helmet for some added warmth.

Here is their website. http://www.whitehorsegear.com/hedz-headwear

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
If you have a decent full-face helmet like my Schuberth - with a fleece neck warmer - you don't need any stinkin' "doo rag"............

#4 ·
While both of you may be correct, you are missing the point. I do ride when the temperature is in the 20's and it does come in handy. It also is Made in America. I do take the time to know where my items come from and pay the extra money to support my country's businesses.

#5 ·
Being a retired fireman, I continue to wear the
nomex hood I would wear under my fire helmet,
when the weather turns colder.
Sometimes I just use the hood on my hooded
sweatshirt.

#7 ·
It's only one more layer of fabric, just like my nomex hood.
I wear it with my old helmet...my newest helmet ..same size..
same brand...is so tight, it almost peals my ears off.
My oldest helmet is a 3/4 helmet, like a lot of motorcycle
police officers wear. It has very flexable ear flaps..easy on,
& easy off, but can be tightened-up pretty snug, just like
a seat belt. Very convenient for wearing my earphone for
my 2-way radio.

#8 ·
I have used the hood from my sweatshirt, but while it fit, it did not fit comfortably. I just need something to give me a layer of protection and as long as it is not mesh, it should help.

#10 · (Edited)
any balaclava will do the trick (at least you're at the other side of the pond). but as some have said, any decent full-face or system helmet is good enough these days. I got a caberg duke and it's pretty warm in cold weather i only use neck warmer, ridden around 10F for hours.

#12 ·
I am not fighting the battle of to wear or not to wear a flag, but the fact that it appears to be a good product and made in the USA. I guess nobody really cares. Where is my chinese manual again....

#13 · (Edited)
So Cary tries to make a post about an American-made product and he gets a bunch of snide comments about desecration of the American flag. I am a member of several m/c forums and have found this forum to be very abrasive at times at how members respond to a post (of course, if you really want abrasive, hang out on Adventure Riders or LD Riders forum).
BTW, I am a veteran and served my year in sunny southeast Asia just like several of you and respect the flag, but don't feel that Cary deserves to be slammed like this. Just my 2 cents worth.

#15 ·
My modular helmet works great until the lower 30's and below. The cold soaks thru to my forehead then my head starts feeling like it does if I eat ice cream too fast and gives me a terrible headache. I've been looking for something to solve the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.