Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
20,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather up here in the Great NorthWet has been warm for the summer. Even when it was raining it was warm, above 55 in the mornings and upper 90s F at times. This morning it was 43F when I left the house. I had not zipped up all my air vents on my jacket and had just the liner and a single shirt under it. At 70+ MPH it was brutal cold. I had to click on my heated grips. :rolleyes: Felt like Fernando down in Chile. :D

·
Administrator
20,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I am a wimp. :) We haven't had 40F temps in over 3 months. While I will be riding when most other wimps are parked for the winter, this one caught me by surprise. When its 12F and a bit of snow out, I will be riding to work. But I will have much better gear on then.

·
Registered
White Burgman 650 standard
3,157 Posts
Hey - just teasing - 40s about my limit and no snow. Used in Uni but not any more.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
You've probably never met a bigger wimp than me when it comes to cold. I can ride in the hottest summer weather but when winter gets here I put on so many layers I look like the Michelin man. And that's here in Florida, I can't imagine living in Canada. I was raised in Ohio and didn't know any better but after one winter here I was spoiled.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
i go to tropical australia in the winter

·
Registered
287 Posts
You've probably never met a bigger wimp than me when it comes to cold. I can ride in the hottest summer weather but when winter gets here I put on so many layers I look like the Michelin man. And that's here in Florida, I can't imagine living in Canada. I was raised in Ohio and didn't know any better but after one winter here I was spoiled.
Boy, how different people can be. For me the Florida riding season is four months. November through February. During the other eight uninhabitable months I stay indoors and only ride it to NC. I don't even do that often. A friend who has a place in NC sometimes trailers it up there for me and I drive up in the air conditioned cage so I don't have to suffer through Hotlanta enroute.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Hotlanta is a terrible place to ride a motorcycle no matter what the weather, but I'm with model28a - Florida is perfect for year-round riding. Perhaps the fact that I don't have any vehicles with working AC has a bearing on that, but white riding gear has a lot to do with it too. After years of wearing basic black, I picked up a set of white riding pants and a silver mesh jacket and the difference it's made is truly amazing.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
It was in the 50's all day here yesterday which is unusually cold for this time of the year . I was out most of the day on the Burg with pretty much winter clothes .

TheReaper!

·
Premium Member
6,178 Posts
111 here for my ride home in 15 min. :cool:

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Got down to low 50s coming to State College PA from Toronto. Sun finally came out but I am NOT appreciating the a/c in the restaurant just now.

On my way to play in WV.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Left the house at 7:30 this morning. Got back at 4:00. Covered a large portion of Northern Michigan. High was 52. Still chilled at 7:20 tonight, but had a good time. (Except that 6 mi. Stretch of sloppy, muddy dirt road. :eek:)

John

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Yeah the hypothermia sneaks up eh.....time for a long warm shower and early bedtime.
Back is tight for reasons unknown.
BTW if it's clear up there you got serious northern lights potential.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yeah the hypothermia sneaks up eh.....time for a long warm shower and early bedtime.
Back is tight for reasons unknown.
BTW if it's clear up there you got serious northern lights potential.
Didn't see the sun all day and got rained on a couple of times. Don't think there's a chance for Northern lights tonight. Forecast is for a steady rain starting at 8:00.

John

·
Registered
704 Posts
Looks like I'm getting out my electric pants, jacket, and gloves liners tomorrow. Since my accident 3 years ago the steel rods in my bones hurt below 60 degrees if I ride long. Did a short jaunt today mid 50's and was wishing I would have been smart enough to dig them out.

·
Administrator
20,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Being above the 47th Parallel and with it forecasted for clear skys, a very good chance we will see some Northern Lights tonight. You southern Ontario boys and girls will miss out. :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
491 miles Eureka Springs, AR to home in Indiana on Thursday, most all of it mid 60s, drizzly. Over 1,100 miles this week.

Had a good time at Scooting the Ozarks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Commuted to work today 70 miles round trip 45 degrees and light rain. Just me and one other guy on a Connie in the bike parking. Wonder where all the "hard core" riders were today? Hmmmmm.....

·
Administrator
20,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Commuted to work today 70 miles round trip 45 degrees and light rain. Just me and one other guy on a Connie in the bike parking. Wonder where all the "hard core" riders were today? Hmmmmm.....
Sir, do you understand how long it takes to rub out all the water spots on all the Harleys chrome??? There is only 24 hours in a day. :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts