Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
I don't ride in cold weather (under 50*F) any more but I used the head stocking to good effect along with a very well fitting full helmet with shield. I'd look for a thin balaclava so you don't have too tight a fit. A long one will cover your neck.

Heavy gloves bought at the snow mobile counter helped as well. Some have the index finger separate and three fingers together. Never used those but they look like the index finger would slowly freeze by themselves. I've used hand warmers too. The newer ones last up to 6 hours and are quite warm.

I have some very heavy leather gloves lined with thinsulate or something very similar. They are good to 20* or so IIRC. I used them on a full dress Harley - those fairings did a good job of keeping the wind off your hands which help immensely. YMMV on a Burgman. You might consider a larger windshield for winter use if you ride a lot. I've seen some riders around here that use snowmobile suits - they look bulky but are very warm.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.