Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any body know if there,s a code reader that will work on the 650 burgman we had a 650 burgman quit us on the highway rolled to a stop and check light is showing will not turn over checked all the fuse,s motor will turn over when you jump across starter but wont fire the fi did show a few day,s befor but it would restart by turning the key off and restarting it,s at the dealer now but we are thinking a code reader might be a good investment now that there,s several of us that own the burgman,s close by

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Healtech Industries, famous for the SpeedoHealer make a real OBD tool for Suzuki:

http://www.baysideperformance.com/index ... s_id=19051

You might find $215 a bit steep

Factory solutions, at just a fraction of the cost:

The Healtech OBD Tool is affordable for private individuals
Software updates are offered FREE of charge for the lifetime of this product. Updates are automatic.
Sensor values are shown in real time, enabling extended fault and engine performance analysis. Test functions are also included.
The measurements are captured automatically and can be saved and played back from file.
The USB connection, compact size and auto setup make this product portable and extremely easy to use.
Rugged design, 100% weatherproof. Supplied in hard case.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
InfernoST said:
Thing is where do you a computer these days running Win98 SP2?
MINIMUM requirement Win98 SP2, it should run on any newer Windows version, except maybe the infamous Vista.

If you go to HealTechs website: http://www.healtech-electronics.com/ and turn off the annoying music, you can even download a demo version of the OBD tool.

Unfortunaltely the site is made entirely in Flash, so no direct linking possible, and Mac/Ipad users are doomed.

As usual, I'm repeating myself: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=57102&p=526071&hilit=obd+s01#p526071

·
Premium Member
14,228 Posts
If all you want to do is pull the code causing the FI to some on you do not need a code reader. There is a plug under the left front side of the seat where you can either plug in a switch you can get from Suzuki or just short across two pins and it will put the ECM in dealer mode. When the ECM is in dealer mode, the code will display on the dash.

Here is a thread with details. viewtopic.php?p=365186#p365186

Be aware that once you turn off the key the code is lost so you need to put it in dealer mode before you shut off the key.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Buffalo said:
If all you want to do is pull the code causing the FI to some on you do not need a code reader. There is a plug under the left front side of the seat where you can either plug in a switch you can get from Suzuki or just short across two pins and it will put the ECM in dealer mode.
You can jumper the wires or just short the white/red wire to ground. One could add a remote switch in the non-locking front storage bins if say you felt the need to check codes on the fly.

Buffalo said:
Be aware that once you turn off the key the code is lost so you need to put it in dealer mode before you shut off the key.
Sort of. I have found turning the key off (leaving the run/start switch in the run position), quickly popping the seat, and restarting the bike (brake, starter button) it will retain the code. Now if takes you any longer than say 3 seconds the code will reset. I've done this on two occasions.

Does anyone happen to know if the dealers equipment can in fact pull codes that the dealer mode switch won't?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
No idea there but if i could afford it I'd really like to have the Suzuki SBD tool mentioned in the service manual for talking to the ECM and making small changes when calibrating new sensors if replaced amongst other things. If it is stored in a non-volatile memory location I'd say that would probably be able to retrieve it.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
@TechArtGuy:

You can download and install the Healtech OBD program and see its features.

I've seen interesting stuff like: "PPS learned value reset" and "TP learned value reset"

If the diagnostic system works with a protocol like ModBus, you could set up a port "sniffer" and see what is sent and received.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I downloaded and loaded up one of the samples. Certainly alot of useful information with a few of the editable fields you mentioned. Though I must say the interface is harsh on the eyes. If the diagnostics port does use modbus, I'm quite familiar with that protocol having programmed plcs. Hmm, that gives me an idea....... :twisted:

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I wrote LIKE modbus.

If Suzuki OBD uses K-line, any $10 diagnostic cable from China could be used IF the Healtech software will use it for communication.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts