Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, been a luker here for a few years and love all the information that is shared. I ran into a problem with a 06 burg, Fi light comes on just as it is supposed to shift. I pulled code 53 in diagnostic mode, the bike does not shift (Checked the stand switch). I dont know where this sensor is. Does anybody know where it is? Has anybody else seen this problem? Any tips to help me figure this problem out?

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
That code indicates a bad reading from the speed sensor mounted on the final drive. When that code is set the bike goes into a fail safe mode that locks the CVT in the equivalent of 2nd gear in auto mode and prevents you from shifting to manual mode.

First thing to do is to check the plug leading from that wire to the wiring harness up near the seat to make sure it is not loose.

If not then you can back probe the O/R and B/W wires at the plug and check for input voltage. You should be getting more than 7V with the key on. If not then you either have a loose connection at the ECM or a sort in either the O/R wire or the B/W wire.

If the input voltage is good then remove the sensor and clean the pick-up face. Now back probe the white and B/W wires. Turn the key one and bring a screwdriver near the pick-up face. The voltage should vary when you bring the screwdriver near it. If not then check for a short in the white wire. If none then check the connection at the ECM.

If everything else checks out OK then you may have a bad ECM.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
If you have trouble finding the sensor, remove the black plastic cover from the final drive and look on the top of the drive about halfway down the length. The sensor goes through the top of the final drive and attaches with a screw.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, speed sensor was unplugged up near seat. If you didnt tell me where it was I would still be cursing.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Glad you got it working and it was a simple fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts