Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much grams it would take to fill a burg 650 tire, at least to get to a station. I know the co2's come in size range from 12gm to 45gm.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I don't know about grams but the kit in my BMW used 2 co2 cartridges for a tire repair to get you to a station (standard "air gun" size).These kits can be gotten at almost any dealer or off the net.
Hope that helps . :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
I posted this before and it is a current topic over at yahoo, best thing is buy a cheap 12v compressor with a guage ($5 to $20). Take off the plastic case for size reduction and put it under the seat with your favorite repair system

·
Registered
61 Posts
Air Compressor

I agree. All the discount and auto parts stores sell compact 12v air compressors, and velcro tape and self-stick tabs are available in the sewing section. Been packing one in my cars this way for years, it was an easy job to hook one up under the seat. I used the space at the tail, keeping it all out of the way.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks!,
I carry a MSR fuel bottle for gas (reserve) and never considered the air compressor.
I think I will have to pick on up on sale.

Thanks again for the idea.

Ed

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Odd you would mention that. I just bought a 22 oz Coleman fuel bottle yesterday. I also carry one of the bicycle type CO2 inflators, several of the small capsules & tire repair plugs.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know the best thing is to have an air pump (I have two now) but still would like to know how much grams of co2 would it take to fill our tire, does anyone knows this answer.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I may be off base here but grams is a weight measurement and I think you are looking for volume (of air), which will change with how hot or cold it is.
Think I'll go for a ride !. :)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The co2's cylinders come in grams like 12 16 24 and 45 that is how they are measured. I found the information I was looking for, how many grams it will take to fill the burg tire.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
burg650 said:
The co2's cylinders come in grams like 12 16 24 and 45 that is how they are measured. I found the information I was looking for, how many grams it will take to fill the burg tire.
Well..........you going to keep us guessing or you going to share the info :shock:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok I found out it will take 2 26 grams to fill a bike tire to 28 lbs or at least 4 small 12 grams to get the tire to about 18 lbs that should get the bike to a gas station.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts