Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am noticing a strange noise coming from the rear of the Burgman, I got 38,000 miles on it now and this seems louder. I am wondering what might be getting ready to take a dump in there, I would rather replace it now on my own time then wait for it to fail somewhere :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyKDWKdNe94

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Big panic for nothing lol.....

I finally got some searches to work and found an old thread about greasing the clutch needle bearings in the back, that has silenced her for now. The shaft and bearings felt good turning them with my hand but there was no grease left on them. Just some kinda weird crisco feeling grease remains. Best way to describe it.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Burgmn30102, my 400 is at my dealers as we speak waiting to find the source of the exact same noise as yours. My scoot has 7,500 miles on it...

Bill....

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Burgmn30102, my 400 is at my dealers as we speak waiting to find the source of the exact same noise as yours. My scoot has 7,500 miles on it...

Bill....
It's easy to fix, when the clutch slides off the shaft I greased those roller pin bearings back there and silence :)

With the belt off it sounded like this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHogXHjbLa0

I greased these bearings per the thread I found....
It's so strange the grease in there had turned to like some hard soap feeling substance.

And after greasing, the sound of bliss :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlajgX_MhPc

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Sweetest sound I ever heard. Next time I open up the clutch I want to grease it too. It was alright last time I looked. Should I use Hi-Temp grease when I do?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did, I used the red high temp grease that comes in the little tub. I will start keeping a much closer eye on this for sure, don't want anything happening to my baby ;-)

·
Registered
484 Posts
What you say about the grease makes sense to me... I had a problem which I just uncovered last week, See this post of mine Big problem at my 2011 CVT cooling filter on this board, about my CVT filter being blocked by seeds which probably overheated the grease in that area and it possibly melted away and is causing the same condition???? But it does pose a lingering question....Did the lack of grease cause any damage to the shaft and bearing???? Don't know. I'll find out when the dealer opens it up.

Bill...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What you say about the grease makes sense to me... I had a problem which I just uncovered last week, See this post of mine Big problem at my 2011 CVT cooling filter on this board, about my CVT filter being blocked by seeds which probably overheated the grease in that area and it possibly melted away and is causing the same condition???? But it does pose a lingering question....Did the lack of grease cause any damage to the shaft and bearing???? Don't know. I'll find out when the dealer opens it up.

Bill...
Yeah that was my big fear to, but on mine the shaft was smooth and the bearings felt smooth when turned by hand so I am not to worried. I think it was literally just a little noise from it being dry that was reverberating through all the metal parts making it sound worse. I'll check out your other thread in a bit. I hope its just grease on yours to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts