Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While changing the transmission oil on my 2003 650, I blew out the side of the drain level bolt housing. Maybe PO had weakened at at some time I do not know. I am waiting for a new clutch cover before I remove the old one and cannot find much info on removing and reinstalling the drive shaft bearing in the new cover.
Any guidance would help
Thanks, Stedy1

·
Premium Member
14,256 Posts
I've had the clutch cover off a couple of 650s but have not had to replace that bearing. You are going to have to use a blind bearing puller to get the bearing out of the old cover. It has been my experience that when doing that the bearing is usually damaged and not reusable. I would recommend you just get a new bearing and install it in the new cover. If you did not do so remember to get a new cover gasket too.

·
Premium Member
14,256 Posts
One thing you could try is to heat the old cover. Since it is aluminum it will expand faster than the bearing. You may be able to get the old bearing out without using a puller by doing that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the information. Since the cover is essentially unusable, I may cut it. I do have a bearing puller, same one I used for wheel bearing (I assume). I will try that first. Then press fit in with a 27mm socket.
I can by a new bearing, but would like to do so over the counter. Suzuki takes so long to deliver if ordered online. I purchased wheel bearings at NAPA because you guys on the forum had the cross reference NAPA part numbers. Any cross referenced numbers on this bearing? Your help has been greatly appreciated!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts