Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
馃槂
And an excuse to get a heat gun!
You show the big pulley supported by a big socket, prob a good idea when using a press, don't try to pop the roller bearing out if big pulley supported only on pulley edges

Reactions: B Getz

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Waiting for new "middle" bearing...

Can someone verify, you press the needle bearing flush with the hub of the big pulley?
The OPEN sides of both small bearings face the grease cavity, regardless of any markings on the bearings?

Registered
2014 Burgman 400
Waiting for new "middle" bearing...

Can someone verify, you press the needle bearing flush with the hub of the big pulley?
The OPEN sides of both small bearings face the grease cavity, regardless of any markings on the bearings?
The small ball bearing open side should face the snap ring, the needle bearing should have markings facing out(where you can see them), the needle bearing should be flush or slightly in to the beveled edge .010in/.25mm. The position of needle bearing is not critical, the small ball bearing locates the pulley on the shaft.

Reactions: Dave_J

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
My needle bearing has markings in the outer race on one side, the grease seal lip is on other side, it seems the grease seal faces the engine casting, to keep grease inside the clutch guts 馃

Reactions: B Getz

Registered
2008 Burgman 400
My needle bearing has markings in the outer race on one side, the grease seal lip is on other side, it seems the grease seal faces the engine casting, to keep grease inside the clutch guts 馃
Yes, that鈥檚 how mine came out, so I put the new one in the same way. You really have to look at it to be sure of proper installation. That鈥檚 a huge detail you mentioned, nice catch!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
OK.
With 2 yr. old roller bearing, and new middle and outer cover bearings, and plenty of grease, and proper torques, it still makes noise, it has to be the 5 clutch shoes somehow. The noise goes away when on the road.
Time to fill 'er up and ride it 馃檪

Registered
2014 Burgman 400
it still makes noise, it has to be the 5 clutch shoes somehow
Dam sorry to "Hear" that :rolleyes:, maybe is time for an aftermarket clutch/ bell, close to/or cheaper the OEM clutch alone o_O I've been looking at this for a while :sneaky: , need to research more :unsure:

Administrator
"Could'ave had a V8"

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Yeah, I thought of replacing the clutch and bell, what bothers me (besides being cheap 馃槂) is that I don't see anything wrong with it offhand. Maybe this spring.

Registered
2014 Burgman 400
The longer you wait, the higher the price will be鈥. They blame it on covid
Yes, not to forget the supply chain, BS, etc. My last orders with Ron Ayers all items cost more than a few months ago and were delayed :(, is this "NEW NORMAL" or Sandbagging/buy low/sell high strategies used by suppliers/retailers :unsure: still se a lot of empty shelves and gas price very unstable 30-40 cents change, within a day o_O. Sorry for rant, placing another scooter parts order today :whistle:

Registered
2008 Burgman 400
Yes, not to forget the supply chain, BS, etc. My last orders with Ron Ayers all items cost more than a few months ago and were delayed :(, is this "NEW NORMAL" or Sandbagging/buy low/sell high strategies used by suppliers/retailers :unsure: still se a lot of empty shelves and gas price very unstable 30-40 cents change, within a day o_O. Sorry for rant, placing another scooter parts order today :whistle:
My last 2 orders with that company took longer because they get the parts from Suzuki warehouse. I work at a retail location and monthly they give me new pricing stickers to put on the shelves. 1 example was Lucas Tansmission Fluid, it was $9.99 / quart. The price went UP $2.00 / quart to $11.99 ea. They had been on the shelf for a long time as there was a thick coat of dust on the bottles! They blame 鈥淐ovid鈥. Bunch of crooks!

Registered
I know this won't be a popular opinion, but it doesn't matter how long an establishment has had a product or how much they paid for it, they need to sell it for the current going rate, as they will have to pay the higher price to replace what they sell. Say they have an item on the shelf they paid $10 for, selling for $15. 10 years later they sell the item and it costs them $20 to replace it, they just lost $5. You can't do that long before you're out of business.

Registered
2008 Burgman 400
I know this won't be a popular opinion, but it doesn't matter how long an establishment has had a product or how much they paid for it, they need to sell it for the current going rate, as they will have to pay the higher price to replace what they sell. Say they have an item on the shelf they paid $10 for, selling for $15. 10 years later they sell the item and it costs them $20 to replace it, they just lost $5. You can't do that long before you're out of business.
鈥楪ood point !

Registered
2014 Burgman 400
Purchased that Malossi clutch and bell combo in 2020, it was about $30 less.
I "Clicked" on the "Place Order" CTA's several times in the last few months, well over 1k in "Spare" parts, for the B400 and SW600, to add to my stock, cost is a big factor, but worried more about backorders/non available, plan to keep my scooters for a while(unless someone wants to pay me double it's value :rolleyes:)., may order Malossi clutch+bell soon (y)
Kinda doing same for my car for services that are due soon.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts