Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Most clubs are pretty much non-profit unless run by outlaw bikers and their businesses might not want/need incorporating.
Some Clubs have copyrighted things for proprietary use but few make real profits that aren't donated or used for club activities.
Is the LLC for potentially selling retail items or services through the club?
A Scooter Club LLC wouldn't seem worth the extra $$ to me unless it is more of a business with real income, inventory, and tax ID.

PS- I went to your site and see where you may have a need for the LLC and copyrighting with the retail items you sell.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Our plan was always to go non-profit, however, I had always heard that it was pretty expensive to do. I had heard many times that it would cost $1500 to $2000. I heard, today, that I may be able to do it much less expensive. The LLC thing seems to have been a total waste of time and money. We do have some possible copy-writeable things, but if we ever decide to do that, I'm thinking non-profits can do it as well as an LLC.

Thanks for the response

Howard

·
Registered
739 Posts
Ihave been involved with setting up a Non-profit corp.. It will vary from State to State.. but ours was very inexpensive.. Just fill out the form and send it to the secty. of States office with a $100 fee..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts