Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a lame subject but I'm pretty excited. I finally saw some real Burgers today, both a 650 and a 400! Oh man, they're even cooler up close!

I got to sit on a 400, which is what I'm getting, and it felt really nice. The scooter is heavy but not too heavy and it was easy to get off the kickstand and stand upright. My legs reach the ground just fine and it was all very comfortable!

I can't wait to actually ride one!

Signed up for a motorcycle safety course, doing it in May.

This is great, so freakin' excited. :lol:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Way to go Halshak :D . Soon as the weather permits I'll drive down on mine and take you for a ride. Best I can offer untill you get your own. :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Seeing is beleiving

Hey... I went through the same process. Waited on the edge of my seat for the M/C show in Vancouver.... Thats were I saw my first real one. They had Silverwings there too. So I got the opertunity to feel/touch both. The Burgman won my heart though... And so I bought the first one that hit the dealers floor... wich was a painfull three months latter. Now I have close to 6000 kms and we are old buddies. RV

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
It's not lame to me, Halshak. Wanna hear about the experience that made me pant for a Burger of my very own?

Beloved hubby and I were on vacation last year, and chanced to find ourselves on the Italian Autostrade, heading for the coast of the Adriatic Sea. Lovely place, Italy ... and oh my word, there are scooters EVERYWHERE, in more makes & models than you can believe.

Mike and I had agreed to idea of getting bigger scooters, after having an absolute blast all summer taking turns on my loveable but tiny Honda Elite. We'd seen ads for the U.S. lines from Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha but, being new to the whole business, we weren't sure how much power we'd need to do the kind of riding we imagined.

As we tooled down the Autostrade that day last September, doing about 75 MPH, we passed by a bike just ramping up to merge. There was something familiar about the machine's lines, and I wondered whether I'd get a chance to look at it again.

Didn't have to wait long. Within about two minutes, that scooter overhauled us, with 2 riders up. It was a Burgman 400 -- blue, as I recall -- and the riders looked comfortable and secure. That just about sold us on the spot.

Ohhhh, come on, Spring! 8)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I felt the same before I got my blue 650. And now I get anxious just to jump on it and GO!

Just remember after you do get your burgy, don't ignore your other half( if you have one) , it can make them jealous :wink:

·
Registered
15 Posts
: Picking up my new 650 Burgman on Saturday. I live in northern Ontario Canada. Spent all day cleaning the ice out of the driveway, wanted to make sure I wouldn't drop it getting it in the driveway. The temp is going up to +5c so should be okay. Just 60 mile ride home from dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts