Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was homebound on I-10 at about Bunker Hill around 10pm on Wednesday night. I was in the right hand lane & the freeway was not very well lit with moderate traffic. I saw several cars in front of me switching lanes. Thinking something was up, I was switching to the lane to my left when out of no-where, I see a dark leather chair in the road ahead of me. I swerve left more & fortunately missed it with the scooter. HOWEVER....I had my right foot extended out a bit to catch some fresh air and...yup, the chair caught the top portion of my boot. Stung like heck but I rode home. Long story short, I dislocated my right pinky toe & broke the toe next to it. The pinky toe was eventually put back in place & the toe next to it ended up with a hairline crack. I also have a few stiches under the toes where I tore the skin in the impact (through the boot!) Fortunately, that was all the damage. I was lucky.
Y'all be careful out there!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Happy you were able to ride away, I wish you a speedy recovery. Looks like your rider sense, was working.

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
Having broken a toe I know it is painful. Best wishes for a quick recovery.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Glad the damage was no more severe even though I know a broken toe or two is a real pain. Good reflexes there! Heal up quickly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts