Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Burgman 400, 2350 miles. When first taking off I hear a clinking/tinking. Sounds like clutches starting to engage. After I gas on it it goes away. Is this normal? or do I have a upcoming problem? I do mostly short city riding trips. Anyone know?

·
Premium Member
6,178 Posts
Happen about between 20-35 mph right. Very normal but most call it more a squeal kind of sound.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Desert Rat said:
Happen about between 20-35 mph right. Very normal but most call it more a squeal kind of sound.
No, starts clinking from dead stop then clears up after gassing on it & moving around 10-15 mph or after it shifts up. Yes it does squeal a little too. Doesn't seem to be getting any worse though.

·
I'm Retired
9,365 Posts
Does it have a HiT clutch installed? The early HiT clutches would make what I call a ringing sound briefly as the "pillows" engaged. Later HiT clutches came out with a way to deaden the sound.

Chris

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
I had the clinking-tinkling sound after 200' ft from start up. It happened everyday in cool to cold temps. I never found out what it was but it had no noticeable effect. I still hear it once in a while. It sounds as if a valve opened and passed icy slush from under the cluster to the bottom of the burger.

·
Premium Member
17,412 Posts
didn't that have something to do with screws in the muffler , never had it myself but recall several posts about taking off the baack part fo the muffler and finding loose screws inside or someting like that, can you identify which side and fwd or aft the sound seems to be coming from?maybe borrow an extra set of ears to help determine

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I had the problem Mikey is talking about, a bolt came off at the back end of the muffler which was trapped and would rattle at low speed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Perfectly normal. mine does that as well. I am pretty sure it's the slider weights in the movable plate of the clutch, when the slide they hit the wall of the inner movable plate. That's all.

Enjoy. :)

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Daboo said:
Does it have a HiT clutch installed? The early HiT clutches would make what I call a ringing sound briefly as the "pillows" engaged. Later HiT clutches came out with a way to deaden the sound.

Whatever it has is stock.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cliffyk said:
I would open it up and take a look just to be sure, but then that's the way I am...
I probably will one of these days. According to the responses I won't be to concerned about it for now. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Raoul The Great said:
Perfectly normal. mine does that as well. I am pretty sure it's the slider weights in the movable plate of the clutch, when the slide they hit the wall of the inner movable plate. That's all.

Enjoy. :)

Thanks, I feel better now.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mikeyMarine said:
didn't that have something to do with screws in the muffler , never had it myself but recall several posts about taking off the baack part fo the muffler and finding loose screws inside or someting like that, can you identify which side and fwd or aft the sound seems to be coming from?maybe borrow an extra set of ears to help determine

I'll check that out. But mine squeals also so I believe it's in the clutches. That's where the sound comes from. Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts