Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until today I didn't notice this problem and it started when I was searching for Givi tail bags or more specifically the hard cases. On each of the product was a magnifying icon that I clicked on thinking that I would get a larger view of the product, but instead it was an ad for something else. Firefox is the browser I was using. I notice now that I have the same magnifying icon on some of the avatars on this site. See below the examples and also Firefox's response. Any ideas how to get rid of this happening?

Since I did a screen print of the message and uploaded as an attached file--I'm not sure if it will show on this post? Kind of confused.

I see it worked.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ChipDoc! I tried the extension you gave and it appears to have solved the problem. Went back to the other site and now the magnifying icon is simply that--a larger picture of the original.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know this an outdated post, but thought an update might help someone. For awhile it looked like I had the problem fixed and then it came back and it didn't matter what browser I used it would eventually pop up again. I used the extension ChipDoc listed, but that didn't stop it. It wasn't until I had a friend over that was able to check my plug ins that by trial and error of removing one at a time that we found it was "WeDownload." What is even worse is that even by removing it from the Plug Ins on my computer, it would come back. Turns out, unknown to me, it was downloaded as a program on my computer, and would come back. It was uninstalled and also cleared the cache on my computer. Here is a how-to on removal: http://www.anvisoft.com/resources/how-to-remove-wedownload-manager-from-your-pc-completely/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts