Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my Givi shield and installed the XL Clearview shield. Im 6'2" with and inseam of approximately 35". This was the size shield Clearview reccomended. It is absolutely perfect. I rode with the two shields about 40 mins apart so I could get a good comparison between the two. Much more backpressure with the Givi. Seemed almost none with the Clearview. (The following was my perception.) The scooter seemed to move easier at higher speeds as if the areodynamics were improved. I went 50-95 mph and kept at 80 for a few miles. (Its legal just outside Vegas.) I also used my 2/3 helmet to experience the wind in my face while sitting normally. The Givi had more of a "dead" air space behind it. The Clearview must have some minor ventilation that comes from under or around it. There is no wind but the air seems "fresher". Really hard to explain. No helmet buffet. Whats weird about that is the Clearview is 2-3" (didnt measure it exactly) shorter and has less wind turbulance. Clearview has less distortion than the Givi when viewed from behind it. I got the tinted version of the Clearview.
Bottom line on the Clearview vs. Givi.
Clearview has less hand protection but gives ME a better feel in comfort and ride performance.

http://www.clearviewshields.com/

Below is using a scale from 1-5. (Worst-Best)

Fit and Finish: 5
Improvement over stock: 5
Customer service: 5

Basically I have no complaints on this screen. I still wish I had the option of fine tuning the height of the screen on the fly.

Another thing I noticed with the Clearview vs the Givi. When using my full face Shoei RF 1000 helmet, I get more airflow thru the helmet's air vents when using the clearview. The Givi prevented the air from ramming the top vents on the top of the helmet.
You can view my installed screen : http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/Motolights/DSC00562
-Bryan

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.