Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading a lot of positive reviews on the Clearview I decided to install one on my 2013 650. I got the XL with vent and it is an improvement over the stock in all but one place...

When the WS is raised all the way up I feel significant more wind pressure on my hands than with the stock WS. If I lower the WS half way (or lower) it does a great job of diverting the wind away, but at full height it seems to actually funnel the wind to my hands and feels worse (and with more force) than with the stock WS.

Anyone else experience this? I know there's probably not much I can do about it but I didn't see anyone else mention it in all the rave reviews about them.

And for anyone else contemplating an XL... I'm 5'11" with 32 inseam and with WS at lowest position I just look over the top.. but realize for anything closer than maybe 4-5 car lengths you end up looking through it.

·
Super Moderator
2,366 Posts
And for anyone else contemplating an XL... I'm 5'11" with 32 inseam and with WS at lowest position I just look over the top.. but realize for anything closer than maybe 4-5 car lengths you end up looking through it.
Thanks for that. I've been debating the large vs. the extra large for a while. I formerly had a large but it was marginally low. I don't have the exec so it's much more of a question.. I'm ~5'9+ish (formerly 5"10) with a 30" inseam so my estimate is we're going to be similar in the saddle.

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
The GIVI D3104ST is a clear replacement windshield for the '13-'14 Suzuki Burgman AN 650. The D3104ST is 29.7" high and 29.5" wide and approximately 4.7" higher than the stock shield. The Givi D3104ST windscreen is designed to provide more wind protection than the stock windshield while minimizing the buffeting common to larger windshields. The D3104 ST utilizes the same mounting holes and hardware as the stock windscreen.

Seen here and its only $178.00 including delivery to an address in the lower 48. http://www.giviusa.com/my-motorcycle/suzuki/burgman-650-13/specific-screen-detail

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice advertisement Dave... I looked through your posts back to 2013 and they all seem to have one thing in common: promoting your Givi sales on your website.

It appears you need to become a site sponsor on BUSA and keep your ads in the appropriate sponsor forum.

Don't know how others feel but I'd rather hear unbiased feedback from others than blatant commercial promotion.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nice advertisement Dave... I looked through your posts back to 2013 and they all seem to have one thing in common: promoting your Givi sales on your website.

It appears you need to become a site sponsor on BUSA and keep your ads in the appropriate sponsor forum.

Don't know how others feel but I'd rather hear unbiased feedback from others than blatant commercial promotion.
Amen!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
14,253 Posts
After reading a lot of positive reviews on the Clearview I decided to install one on my 2013 650. I got the XL with vent and it is an improvement over the stock in all but one place...

When the WS is raised all the way up I feel significant more wind pressure on my hands than with the stock WS. If I lower the WS half way (or lower) it does a great job of diverting the wind away, but at full height it seems to actually funnel the wind to my hands and feels worse (and with more force) than with the stock WS.

Anyone else experience this? I know there's probably not much I can do about it but I didn't see anyone else mention it in all the rave reviews about them.

I experience the same thing. But here in Texas I consider that a plus. In the summer I raise the windshield up so that I can get cooling wind to my hands. In the winter I run with it down to block the wind from my hands.

I'm your height but have a 33 inch inseam and an XL is to tall for me to see over in the lowered position. I'm running a large.

·
Premium Member
14,253 Posts
BTW, if you put a GIVI on the Exec and raise it all the way up you will get the same effect. The wind will go right under it.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts

+2n

·
Registered
1,468 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I do not see how Kiwi Dave could be unbiased about Givi.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Dave's knowledge, prices and service make it worthwhile.

The Clearview is superb for handcoverage when down...and I fail to see why rider's of the height mentioned are raising it in the first place.
You look over a screen, not through it.
Even the standard which is 1.5" taller than stock is a bit to tall for my 5' 9" to look over properly for twistie riding.
Top of the screen should be nose level when down ...
Then you have about 1.5" of travel to tweak.
I will bring it up a 1/2" to get air flow on my hands on a hot day.
The hand protection when down is amazing.....it's 3.5" wider than stock.
Rode 3 hours in sub 50 rain with my summer gloves on ( mind you heated grips ).
Never bothered to switch to my warmer gloves.

I talked to CV about another inch extension on the lower edge to cut the wind a bit more from the hands but they declined the idea,
They will build custom tho.

·
Registered
203 Posts
...and I fail to see why rider's of the height mentioned are raising it in the first place.
You look over a screen, not through it.
Different strokes for different folks. I've been riding for nearly fifty years and almost always prefer to look through my windshield. Doesn't matter if it's my Executive, Goldwing, or Majesty.
I saw somewhere a guy made a deflector out of lexan that attached to the top of the mirrors to address that problem. He thought it worked well and didn't interfere with the mirrors or their operation.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts