Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced the stock shield with a clearview large-the new shield is actually 27 3/4 which is actually 3 inches taller than the stock. It has a vent. I am 5' 9'' tall in slippers eyeball 5' 5'' in slippers inseam 30'' sitting on the bike eyelevel is 39'' from the top of the plastic over the engine wind shield is at 37''. Took it for a short ride --no more watering eyes or a large amount of wind noise without a helmet after a long ride i will post more i beleive the large shield will work fine and still look over the shield and see the ground about 50' out. Jim

·
Registered
35 Posts
You will like it - I got the medium, am 5"8" and I can see over it nicely when lowered almost all the way down. The shield does make a nice difference to the air flow - I did get the vented version and that works a treat!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Jim,
Not trying to be the safety gear police, but it sounds like your not wearing any eye protection while riding. I knew a guy who was hit in the eye by a large bug. He almost wrecked, and ended up having to go to a doctor over an eye infection. . . He was lucky, and knows it. He could have lost that eye.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi jtruppo I got the medium tinted Clearview with vent, it has been great improvement over the stock shield I am 5' 8" 30 inch inseam" and it is a good fit for me. I have added a air hawk 2 under a "Alaska leather" but pad and the shiled is just the right size for me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the Clearview XL with tint and I really like mine as well. I'm a little taller than you, so I can see over the top of mine whenever I need to. It has less wind noise and makes the bike considerably more comfortable to ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts