Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got on the Clearview website and gave them my height (6') and weight (245) and asked them to recommend a shield for my 650. Here is a reply I got from them today.....

Based on your height, I would recommend the BGOM, which is 1.5" vertically taller and 6" wider than the stock size if you prefer to look over the shield
Right now my eyes are several inches over the top of the stock shield. I can't believe that adding only 1½" vertically would reduce the amount of wind and noise I am now getting.

Opinions? I was thinking out the XL or XXL.

Vanzo

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I would guess most of the members here have gone through this, in fact a fair number of us have spare shields "sitting" around.
I would call and talk to someone at Clearview, explain your doubts and let them tell you what they think.
I lot of us just ordered the oversize windshield knowing we were going to cut it down to fit anyway, this is not option for everyone, cutting a shield is not hard but you do need to know what you are doing.
Good luck !

·
Registered
90 Posts
Check again with them. I'm 5'10" inseam 30". Order an XL works great. They want both height and inseam. Got great service from Graig.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm 5'11" 31 inseam 215 lbs. With the XL I can look over the top to view the distance, and through the windshield to view close up. That is if I sit up like a proper gentleman. Usually I slouch and/or lean foward like an idiot. Either way, I am very satisfied with the XL clear, no vent.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Might want to check with Ian at Two Wheel Touring. His maxiscooter accessory store stocks and sells Clearview windshields and has probably the best online display explaining how the shields fit on touring scooters compared to stock. He also has been dealing with more and more maxiscooter riders, so undoubtedly he has heard feedback on the various shields.

www.twtouring.com

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts