Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with Craig who is one of the owners of Clearview.

In order for Clearview to finish developing the windscreen they need:

- a stock windshield which the company said they will replace for free with the new windshield that they are developing (because the stock will be destroyed in the molding process)

- and for someone who lives in the Denver area who would be willing to loan their 400 to them for fittings for about 3-4 weeks

The company is in Bailey, Colorado which is 50 miles SW of Denver. Craig said they had no trouble getting a Silver Wing & a 650 but they can't seem to find a 400 owner willing to do this.

I am really excited about the prospects of them building a vented, flared screen (keeping wind off the hands) and where there would not be that problem with the wind hitting one behind the head and also making them in several different sizes to fit different rider heights.

The stock screen can come from anyone, so I was hoping that maybe someone who bought a Givi screen may be willing to part with their stock for the development phase. Getting an actual 400 to them now may be a little more difficult as people are getting itchy to ride. But hopefully someone would be interested enough to do this. I would consider doing this myself if I lived closer to Denver :)

Any takers? If so you can email Craig at [email protected] Please let us know if you are going to take him up on his offer.

Evelyn

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Talkin 'bout "hookin' up!"

Dayum!

:shock: :) 8)

I do hope those ppl get their ducks ina row for that.

BUT.....

LOAN?!!?

....seems to me that they would have done their own research if they really wanted to prototype (or invest a lil bit of their own R&D money) ...an end product to make moola off of.

geesh. :?:

dont be too generous R! dalgarn cheepskates. harumph. :?

What does a stock 400 windscreen cost!?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Pete said:
Talkin 'bout "hookin' up!"

Dayum!

:shock: :) 8)

I do hope those ppl get their ducks ina row for that.

BUT.....

LOAN?!!?

....seems to me that they would have done their own research if they really wanted to prototype (or invest a lil bit of their own R&D money) ...an end product to make moola off of.

geesh. :?:

dont be too generous R! dalgarn cheepskates. harumph. :?

What does a stock 400 windscreen cost!?
Just a different take on this. If they can reduce R&D costs that should translate into lower product cost. Good busnesses try to keep costs down. :)

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Follow up-
Got a email from Greg , they have a windshield to copy coming , but will hold my name if it falls through.
At least it looks like there serious about producing an 400 windshield. :)

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I've shipped my old factory shield to them. They should be getting it in the next couple of days. They still need a local rider to do the final fitting on the bike. If all else fails, I may ride out there myself. It'd be a long trip though.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Bill and Randy for doing this. Hopefully they will be able to develop one real soon before the snows hit again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts